Hikashop Registration form

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #50202

Hi,

I am trying to use Hikashop Registration form instead of standard custom form because customers seems to be confused by the way the address is handled on checkout page (i.e. it's only enterable from pop-up window).

When I used Hikashop Registration form (either by enabling pluging redirect or assigning it directly from menu) I've noticed that following fields are missing on the screen:

username
password
password confirmation

plus the email never gets fired to the email address specified in the registration form although the registration appears to be "confirmed".

Any idea why it's happening / what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Karol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 10 months ago #50284

That's because in the "Registration" option of the Checkout tab of the configuration, you don't have "Registration" selected. Change that and these fields will appear.

Do you get other emails on your website ? Joomla emails ? HikaShop order emails ? If not, it might be because the email settings are not correct and you should seek advice to your hosting company regarding the correct email settings for your website.
If yes, then check your spam box and if you use the business edition, check that the user account email is published via the menu System>Emails.

11 years 10 months ago #50323

Nicolas,

When I change the option to "Registration" I now get two user names:

HIKA_USER_NAME (because my language file is out of date)
Uživatel (Username)

Is there a way to display just one username during registration.

I want the registration form to contain username / password, email address and regular address

As for the emails - yes I am getting them, the only exception is cron out of stock notification report and then I was not getting activation emails when I registered an account with "No Registration" setting.

Thanks,

Karol

11 years 10 months ago #50392

HIKA_USER_NAME is the name of the user, not his username (which is like a pseudonym in fact).

If you set the "no registration" setting, you of course won't get any activation emails since it doesn't create any account for the user.
If you don't want the username/password fields and still an account for the users (and the activation email), you should use "simplified registration" instead.
And if you want the password fields and the user name field without the username field, you can change it to "simplified registration with password".

11 years 10 months ago #50453

If I use "simplified registration with password" the username is no where to be seen on the registration page. I can see:

email
password
password verification

plus the address fields

however username is nowhere to be found when using "simplified registration with password"

11 years 10 months ago #50516

My bad , the name will be filled automatically based on the email address. There is indeed no name field if you don't use the normal registration.
If you want to remove the USER_NAME, you will have to edit the file "registration" of the view "user" via Display->Views and remove the corresponding block of HTML.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds