- Posts: 58
- Thank you received: 0
Images Alt Tags
14 years 4 months ago #51535
by debcampos
Images Alt Tags was created by debcampos
Hi, i am trying to better my SEO score and i was wondering is there is a way to insert one general alt tag that could apply to all uploaded images on hikashop. Like maybe my websites's name?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
14 years 4 months ago #51542
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
Hello,
If you want to have a better SEO score :
1. You have to set the alt value of your image to the name of your product, so you'll have to name every product's images as your product in you product page(the alt value will be the name of your product's image).
2. In the next release of Hikashop you'll have the "Hikashop productTag" plugin, wich will allow you to have a better SEO score and a better "schema" for your product page (You can have a look at this if you want more information about schemas).
If you want to have a better SEO score :
1. You have to set the alt value of your image to the name of your product, so you'll have to name every product's images as your product in you product page(the alt value will be the name of your product's image).
2. In the next release of Hikashop you'll have the "Hikashop productTag" plugin, wich will allow you to have a better SEO score and a better "schema" for your product page (You can have a look at this if you want more information about schemas).
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #67703
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Re: Images Alt Tags / W3C issues
Hi there,
On my shop I have various W3C errors, some include the following below. Are these known errors and is this something I can amend or not?
Line 330, Column 462: "itemscope" is not a member of a group specified for any attribute
…" class="hikashop_product_page" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/Product ">
Line 330, Column 471: there is no attribute "itemtype"
…" class="hikashop_product_page" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/Product ">
Line 353, Column 16: there is no attribute "itemprop"
<div itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/Offer "> schema.org/Offer ">Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On my shop I have various W3C errors, some include the following below. Are these known errors and is this something I can amend or not?
Line 330, Column 462: "itemscope" is not a member of a group specified for any attribute
…" class="hikashop_product_page" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/Product ">
Line 330, Column 471: there is no attribute "itemtype"
…" class="hikashop_product_page" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/Product ">
Line 353, Column 16: there is no attribute "itemprop"
<div itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype=" schema.org/Offer "> schema.org/Offer ">Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 11 months ago #67711
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
Hi,
This error is coming from the fact they are specification for HTML5, so you have 3 choice :
1. Use an HTML5 template
2. Keep this error which are not that important
3. Don't use this plugin.
Hope this will help you
.
This error is coming from the fact they are specification for HTML5, so you have 3 choice :
1. Use an HTML5 template
2. Keep this error which are not that important
3. Don't use this plugin.
Hope this will help you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #67720
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
Hi Mohamed,
When you say 'dont use this plugin', are you talkign about Hikashop in general?
Or are these errors as a result of a specific plugin which I can disable? If so, which plugin is this??
When you say 'dont use this plugin', are you talkign about Hikashop in general?
Or are these errors as a result of a specific plugin which I can disable? If so, which plugin is this??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #67722
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
He is talking about the schema.org product plugin which adds these attributes to your product pages according to the specifications here
schema.org/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #67727
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
Thanks Nicolas,
Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the specific name of this plugin?
I have searched for the plugin using the word 'schema' but this plugin is obviously called something else.
If you can let me know the plugin name, I can see if I can disable it without causing any issues.
Thanks once again
Sorry if this is a silly question, but what is the specific name of this plugin?
I have searched for the plugin using the word 'schema' but this plugin is obviously called something else.
If you can let me know the plugin name, I can see if I can disable it without causing any issues.
Thanks once again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #67730
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
It's called: HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #67732
by boopoo
Replied by boopoo on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
Many thanks Nicolas.
Can I ask your advise - If I do not have an html5 template, would I be better just disabling this plugin so I can have an error free page?
I already have the same information which is in the shop, on other pages on my websites (in my Joomla articles).
Can I ask your advise - If I do not have an html5 template, would I be better just disabling this plugin so I can have an error free page?
I already have the same information which is in the shop, on other pages on my websites (in my Joomla articles).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #67741
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Images Alt Tags
These w3c errors are not relevant.
You can ignore them.
If you don't want them though there is only the two solutions proposed: disable the plugin or use a HTML5 template. I can't decide for you but in your case I would probably keep the errors and switch to a HTML5 template later on, when updating joomla to 3.5 for example.
You can ignore them.
If you don't want them though there is only the two solutions proposed: disable the plugin or use a HTML5 template. I can't decide for you but in your case I would probably keep the errors and switch to a HTML5 template later on, when updating joomla to 3.5 for example.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boopoo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds