Prevent Checkout On Home Page

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #517

First of all, my compliments to the ENTIRE Hikashop team. I've been in the industry for 10+ years and have never seen another cart more easily customized than this one (indeed, it is obvious that tons of GOOD energy went into it's development).

Where my particulars are concerned, I have an existing site and would simply like to show the cart and the "entire checkout process" on an existing page, by inserting the module (already have the plugins for module insertion).

Having thoroughly read and reviewed the recommended documentation mentioned by Nicolas at www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...tomize-checkout.html - I still can't figure out - HOW do you prevent the checkout process from appearing on the "front page" of your website?

Any and all assistance appreciated.

Many Thanks,
B) BMan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
13 years 5 months ago #521

Hi,

Thank you for your support.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to achieve. The cart module is a standard Joomla module, so in the Joomla options of the module, you can select on which page you want to display it, if that's what you're asking ?

13 years 5 months ago #522

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for responding so quickly. Specifically, I've been able to achieve showing the actual shopping cart on the page that I need it to appear on. The problems occur when the "checkout process" begins. Once the "proceed to checkout" button is clicked, the visitor is sent to the homepage - where the HikaShop login, checkout progress bar, and next button are appearing at the bottom left of the template. If there's a way for me to send you a link without publishing it here in the forums, I'd be glad to have you take a look and lend any advice.

My Best,
B) BMan

*** As a footnote, the transport to homepage occurs any time an item is added to the cart - despite the fact that the rule in the "Config" area to have it remain on the same page is enabled. :blink:

13 years 5 months ago #526

Hi,

I suppose this has something to do with the Itemid which is lost.

At first you say in your post that it happens when you click on "proceed to checkout" but on the footnote you say that it's when you add a product to the cart, so I'm not sure which one it is but I'll go with the first one :)
Could you try to change the line

echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT'),'checkout',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('checkout'),'');
by
global $Itemid; echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT'),'checkout',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('checkout&Itemid='.(int)@$Itemid),'');

in the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/cart.php near line 125 ?
That should keep the itemid for the next page when you click on "proceed to checkout" and avoid the problem. If that fixes the problem, we will include it for next release.

13 years 5 months ago #544

Hi Nicolas,

Tried your suggestion to no avail :( -- it did occur to me after some thought that a good portion of the installation are plugins vs. modules -- this could perhaps explain why I am able to achieve getting the actual shopping cart (which is a module) to appear on my target page... while the checkout process: login, payment, confirm, etc... all appear on the homepage (as they are plugins?) -- not really sure. Further, please note that both clicking the "proceed to checkout" AND "adding items to cart" result in immediate transport to the homepage. Scratching my head on this one, and will gladly accept any other suggestions that you might have.

Thanks Again,
B) BMan

13 years 5 months ago #545

Hi,

Home page or not, that is defined by the Itemid in URLs on Joomla websites. That's why I told you to try to change that code which adds the Itemid in the checkout link. Now, would you be able to give a link to your website so that we can see the problem ? That will help us understand more the problem.

13 years 5 months ago #546

Hi Nicolas,

Yes Sir... (on both counts). Where the link is concerned, how can I share it with you - without sharing it with the rest of the world?

Thanks,
BMan

13 years 5 months ago #550

You can send me an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

13 years 5 months ago #553

Hi Nicolas,

It's in your box!

Thanks,
B) BMan

13 years 5 months ago #554

Thank you for the link.

Now I understand why it didn't work :)

The links you are talking about are links you added in a Joomla article. Of course, my modification won't have any effect on them.
You need to change those links and append &Itemid=77 to them so that it stays on the same page. That problem has nothing to do with HikaShop but with the way Joomla handles pages and menus.

13 years 5 months ago #561

Hi,

So I had to change some code so that it keeps the itemid upon redirect on the checkout. That change is mainly due to the way your template handles the frontpage. That's why it was always displaying you the front page. The modifications I added will also be added in next version of HikaShop so that other users using these kinds of templates don't have the same issues.

I saw that you changed the workflow to this:
address,payment,confirm,coupon_cart,status,end

I would recommand you that instead:
address_login,payment,coupon_cart_status_confirm,end

The confirm should be right before the end as it's the confirm step which creates the order and redirects to the payment website thanks to the end view. Both are complementary and should be kept like that. Also the confirm doesn't need it's own step as it's not displaying anything so I grouped it with the previous one.
Also, you should keep the login view so that your users can login or register. Otherwise, you won't be able to make an order unless you're already logged on the website as it's the case right now.
The status view only displays the payment method selected so I suppose you would like to group it with the cart view.

If you want to change the name of the steps, you can do so by editing the language file via the interface under the tab languages of the configuration page of HikaShop.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds