- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Shipping to different countries
- kizzinkwocha
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. Yes it's possible to set different shipping prices for different countries thanks to the ZONE option.
2. Yes, I think that you'll just have to create 1 shipping method per country
Hope this will help you a little.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Or would they have a range of shipping methods to choose from, eg. 0g to 500g of many different countries.
Hope to get advice. Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also, you can also restrict your shipping methods per weight.
So you have have a restriction by zone, a restriction by weight, or a combination of both.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the event customer keys in typo error for address, eg. he is staying Thailand but he type as Thiland, will this cause Hikashop to be unable to scan address effectively and cause all shipping methods to be shown?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you change the field to not use the default zone selection dropdown, the system won't be able to filter by zone the shipping methods.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I tried to create a shipping method and key in multiple countries under the "zone" but only 1 country is accepted at a time. I ticked all the various countries to no avail. My shipping company provided me a list of countries which fall under the same price list and I want to put all these countries in the same shipping method.
Is this solvable?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can only have one zone per shipping method.
Either create a new zone with all these countries as sub zone and use that zone in your shipping method or create several manual shipping methods, one per country.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have similar issue with setting two different shipping costs. But I don't know where to put those state specific prices.
Here is what I want for India Country..
The delivery charges for Maharashtra State should be FREE.
But the delivery charges for rest all other states than Maharashtra State should have Rs. 200/-
I don't know where to do these settings to achieve this.
Awaiting Reply
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You should :
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Zones"
- Create a shipping zone with the "Maharashtra State" in it
- Create a second shipping zone with every state of India in it but not the "Maharashtra State" one.
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods"
- Create a manual shipping method and use the first zone via the "Zone" restriction option
- Create a manual shipping method and use the second zone via the "Zone" restriction option
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your input. But the State 'Maharashtra' is already present. So do we need to do any settings to it? Please guide.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Zones"
- Create a shipping zone with the "Maharashtra State" in it
- Create a second shipping zone with every state of India in it but not the "Maharashtra State" one.
- Go to "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods"
- Create a manual shipping method and use the first zone via the "Zone" restriction option
- Create a manual shipping method and use the second zone via the "Zone" restriction option
I am little bit confused. Indian country has so many States. Can't you explain in more simple way? I know the solution you gave was way more simple. But since I am already seeing the states listed, why should I create a new one? won't it be duplicated?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sure you can also use the 'Maharashtra' State, you won't have to create a shipping zone for that state, but regarding the other states of India, you'll have to create a shipping zone.
You'll be able to use the "Zone" option via the "Restriction" tab of your shipping configuration page (You'll just have to click on the "Restriction" check-box).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Also let me tell you this again, the shipping cost should be automatically applied based on the state they select in the checkout address entry.
Please guide. This has been so long I am waiting for.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
You'll just have to :
1. Create your shipping zones via "Hikashop->System->Configuration" :
Sure you can also use the 'Maharashtra' State, you won't have to create a shipping zone for that state, but regarding the other states of India, you'll have to create a shipping zone.
2. Configure your shipping methods via "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods->'YourShippingMethod'" :
You'll be able to use the "Zone" option via the "Restriction" tab of your shipping configuration page (You'll just have to click on the "Restriction" check-box).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
However, I now have a new doubt on this.
I want that the shipping costs to be changed automatically depending on the state I choose.
i.e. in my previous query, I said that there should be no charge on Maharashtra State and all other states should be applied the shipping charges. And this depends on the state I select while in the checkout address page (i.e. during the checkout process). The user need not to select the shipping method/costs.
Also this feature I am talking about should be applied to only one product.
Now you tell me how to achieve all this thing? I hope you get my point.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.