Import Products

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #60523

File Attachment:

File Name: ProductImp...2-12.csv
File Size:153 KB

I am trying to import product but I can't figure out what columns should be assigned to what column headers. The attached file basically has lots of data on 1 product with references to images that I will need to upload as well. It has various sizes and colors which need to imported as well. Can you help me in figuring out which headers I should assign to properly bring the data in and create the necessary catagories, subcatagories pricing, descriptions, meta data etc.

thanks,

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by jwtaylorii.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 8 months ago #60558

Hi jwtaylorii,

Do you read the documentation about the imports in HikaShop ?

You can find it here:
http://www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/73-hikashop-import.html#csv

11 years 8 months ago #60561

I did read the documentation several times but couldn't make it work. I am obviously missing somthing when I completed the import I had one product with no variations and I couldn't figure out how or where to put many of the columns of data provided from my supplier. I need to be able to take this file which will have about 1000 products in it and import it regulary to update and manage the products.

Thanks for your help!

11 years 8 months ago #60562

To import products you have to:
1. create the categories (in the csv), if they don't already exists.
2. create the main product
3. create the variants.

Each variant type (color, size, ...) need a column.
You can find here an example of a csv ready to be imported. This csv contain a product without variants and one with variants.

On the right side of the csv, you can find the columns "color" and "size" (here for the example).

Before importing products with characteristics, you have to create the characteristics first in HikaShop.

Hope this will help you.

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopexport.csv
File Size:5 KB

Attachments:

11 years 8 months ago #60576

that looks completely confusing especially when relating to my data that I am using excel to save the csv file with. How do I take the file I receive from my supplier and use the data provided in the format you gave me? I don't mean to show my ignorance but it is just that. I can't figure out how I can translate my data into the usable format to accomplish what needs to be done.

11 years 8 months ago #60628

Hi jwtaylorii,

I think the best way is to export the csv in the good format.
Another way could be to create a function to import the csv provided by your supplier, then organize the data with a php function, then export a new csv compatible with hikashop.

I gave you the format needed for a HikaShop import, now you have to organize data.

11 years 8 months ago #60682

Can you provide a resource that may be able to help me with this or I someone I may hire to do it for me. I simply don't have the experience to do something as complex as you have described.

Thanks,

• Thank you received: 13063
11 years 8 months ago #60690

I invite you to post on our commercial jobs area and/or to search for a developers on websites like resources.joomla.org or www.joomlancers.com/

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds