Product images sizes more consistent

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #628

I'm working on making the image thumbnails more consistent looking in the product list view. Where do I go to modify the thumbnail sizes/default width/height, and to edit the CSS vertical alignment for the images within their individual containers in list view?

Also, I would like the images in the product details pages to be larger overall. Where do I find that setting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 5 months ago #630

Thumbnails size can be changed in the config under the tab files. You will have to delete the thumbnails folder under the upload folder so that new thumbnails are automatically recreated with the new size when they are needed.
CSS for all the front end pieces can be edited by clicking on the edit button next to the front end CSS option under the tab display in the config.
If you need different thumbnail sizes between the listing and the product page, you will have to edit the views where we display the images. You can find both by search for "product" and filter to display only the front end. You will have the show.php file and the listing_img{x}, {x} depending of the type of item layout you're using for the product listing modules.
You will have the $this->image object to which you will be able to apply different values to those variables before the call to the display function :

$this->image->thumbnail_x
		$this->image->thumbnail_y
		$this->image->main_thumbnail_x
		$this->image->main_thumbnail_y
You will have to know a bit php to do that.

13 years 5 months ago #633

Where do I find the "Thumbnails" folder under the "Upload" folder?

13 years 5 months ago #637

You have the "upload folder" option which indicates the path of the folder where images are stored under the tab files of the configuration. You can use an FTP client to access that folder and in that folder, you will see the thumbnails folder.

13 years 5 months ago #638

Aha! Thanks!

13 years 5 months ago #642

Hmm... I went and deleted the images in the "Thumbnail" folder. But when I go to the frontend, it's telling me the items are "Free"!

13 years 5 months ago #643

There is no relation between the thumbnails and the prices of items. Are you sure you didn't change something else ?

13 years 5 months ago #648

I'm going to have a look and see if I can reset things...

13 years 5 months ago #649

I can't figure out why the prices would now be "Free". I had set up prices and all was well till now...

13 years 5 months ago #650

Do you have variants for the product ? If so, does the variants have a price ?

13 years 5 months ago #652

In Products > Characteristics, I had Small, Medium and Large. For the actual Item, I had published the variants. But it seems to be ignoring them now.

13 years 5 months ago #653

I think I've found the problem. I had added another item but had not yet set the price or Characteristic for it, and that seemed to affect other items. All OK now... I have another question but I'll start another thread.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds