- Posts: 46
- Thank you received: 7
Pagination and random products
14 years 2 days ago #68068
by lcoombes
Pagination and random products was created by lcoombes
Hi there.
We've just launched an ecommerce website for a client. The client has products from many different suppliers. I want the products to come up in a random order (there can be 90+ products in a category - eg. 'home accessories'). However, when I set the 'associated products listing' to display random items, pagination disappears. I've set the module up to display 100 products at a time to get round this, but really, I only want to display 21 products on a page, with pagination, but in a random order. Is this possible?
Many thanks!
All the best - Leo
We've just launched an ecommerce website for a client. The client has products from many different suppliers. I want the products to come up in a random order (there can be 90+ products in a category - eg. 'home accessories'). However, when I set the 'associated products listing' to display random items, pagination disappears. I've set the module up to display 100 products at a time to get round this, but really, I only want to display 21 products on a page, with pagination, but in a random order. Is this possible?
Many thanks!
All the best - Leo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 days ago #68069
by lcoombes
Replied by lcoombes on topic Re: Pagination and random products
An example of this:
www.somethingyoufancy.co.uk/index.php/ho.../39-home-accessories
www.somethingyoufancy.co.uk/index.php/ho.../39-home-accessories
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 day ago #68168
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Pagination and random products
Hi,
That's not possible.
There is not really any meaning in displaying the next page since you will get products from the previous page on the next page and vice versa, so a user might not be able to see some products even thought he navigated all the pages of the pagination.
That's not possible.
There is not really any meaning in displaying the next page since you will get products from the previous page on the next page and vice versa, so a user might not be able to see some products even thought he navigated all the pages of the pagination.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds