How to edit/hide upper registration fields in form

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7136

Hi, Trying to edit the upper area of the registration form. We don't need fields: Name/Username/Email/Password/Verify Password and Address information on the registration form as indicated in the red of the attached image, since Login is required. Is this possible in custom CSS? Thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #7138

Hi,

You say that you don't want the red part of the registration form because "login is required". What do you mean by that ? If a logged in user goes on the checkout, he won't see the registration form at all. He will only see it if he is not logged in.

If you go in the config under the tab display of the configuration and set the option "registration" to "no registration" the fields Name/Username/Password/Verify Password will be removed automatically (in our commercial versions). That can't be done in CSS as there is a lot of code and security checks (to avoid hacks, spam, etc) involved so that users can't cheat and have to fill the form correctly. The email field is needed so that hikashop can send the order notification emails to the user. The "address information" text can be removed by editing your translation file in the config under the tab languages and changing that text to an empty string.

13 years 2 months ago #7139

Hi Nicolas, Thanks for the fast reply. I meant to say "login is not required." And yes I don't want to display the fields in red.

So, does this mean I need the commercial version?

Also if you notice I added a custom field for "Suburb" and the label is "Suburb" in the back-end, but the front-end displays "TOWN/SUBURB" in all caps and that's not what the title of that field is... Not sure where that's coming from.

Thanks again.

Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #7140

Yes, you will need the commercial version.

The suburb problem can be solved by following the post www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...secapitals.html#4722

13 years 2 months ago #7738

Hi,

Thanks again for help. I fixed the Suburb issue. The client only wants the "Name" and "Username" input field removed/not required and to use the "Email" field as the username. I see there are two editions of the commercial version available? Essential and Business? Which one will accomplish this?

Also, on the "Your current Choir name" field is it possible to use an autocomplete function, where a stored set of choirs names can pop-up as suggestions? ie. www.brandspankingnew.net/specials/ajax_a...st_autocomplete.html

Thanks very much for the support.

Attachments:

13 years 2 months ago #7740

With both the Essential and the Business version, you can set the registration option of the config to simplified registration to remove the name, username and passwords fields.
It's not possible to just remove the two firsts. The password will be generated automatically and sent via email to the user.

The fields are generated dynamically so you can't just change them like that, unfortunately.

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 11 months ago #292502

Hello,
Is it possible to have activated the simplified registry with password of hikashop, instead of the username or the name random values, assign it to added values as custom fields?

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by dvddvd.

5 years 11 months ago #292503

Hi,

There is no such capability. That would require some modifications of the core files of HikaShop to allow that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dvddvd

• Thank you received: 5
5 years 11 months ago #292539

Ok thanks

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds