- Posts: 13
- Thank you received: 1
Installed Hikashop Styles don't show up
- I bought the Hikashop styles pack
- installed the pack and
- uploaded the files exactly as your instruction said
- under "Configuration > Display > CSS > Styles for the front end" checked the style
What did I miss?
Please, could you help me / give me a hint?
Screenshots:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I think that you'll probably find your answer there :
The styles of HikaShop change the appearance of HikaShop pages, not the appearance of your template. So it's normal that you still see the default joomla template and layout. Styles can be used to adapt the display of HikaShop to your template easily.
Hope this will help you a little.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry but your answer doesn't help me. Additionally, nicolas wrote following in a thread 4 months ago:
nicolas wrote: In the Display tab of the configuration, you can select the style to use in the "Style" option of the CSS area.
Then, the corresponding style will be used automatically on the front end on HikaShop pages.
I would say that "styles can be used to adapt the display..." and "...will be used automatically on the front end..." aren't the same, are they? I am quite confused because of this unclear wording and I would be very happy if you or someone else could explain me exactly what to do, so the changes will effect on the front end of Hikashop. Please can anyone give me some instructions / hints?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
From the information you provided in your first message, your style is properly setup.
The only thing which could make it not show on your website would be if your website or template had caching turned on so make sure that it is deactivated.
If that doesn't help, please give a link to a product page on your website so that we can look at the HTML to see what's going on.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
nicolas told me to
- uncheck the template's CSS-compression and to
- uncheck the template's Java-Script-compression
Having done this, the hikashop style became visible on the front end at once!
Thank you, nicolas, for the solution of this problem
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.