Terms and conditions link issue

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 9 months ago #114384

Hi

I set up a link in Hikashop->Checkout->Terms and Conditions to an article created in Joomla.
During the checkout I see a url link, but after click on it I get a smaller window on top of the shop, which display it in a wrong way (it show the whole website inside) as you can see it on attached screenshot.
Did somebody get the same issue, or solved it already?

thank you
Dominik

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #114393

Hi,

Which version of HikaShop are you using ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 9 months ago #114547

Joomla! 2.5.11 + HikaShop 2.1.3

thank you

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 9 months ago #114598

Hi,

Is it possible to have a link to your store ?

I think that updating HikaShop with the latest release (2.2.0) could solve your problem. It includes several fixes and improvements like you can see in our changelog:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-changelog.html

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

10 years 9 months ago #114624

Hi

Yes of course, this is link straight to eshop www.biobox.sk/MOJ-E-SHOP/categoria.html

I will check the update, do backup a try to install it in the evening.

thank you

regards
DOminik

10 years 8 months ago #116215

Hi

I did an update of HikaShop to the latest release (2.2.0) and nothing change regarding the issue I mentioned.
Terms and conditions link in eshop during the checkout still shows the whole webpage instead of only Terms&Condition text.

Any ideas please?

thank you

regards
Dominik

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #116351

Hi,

This should work, I just tried on local.
Thanks to check if you had edited the view "checkout / terms", il it is, check if the link has "&tmpl=component" at the end.

This tmpl=component allow to display only the article and not the full website.

10 years 8 months ago #116353

Hi

I just checked it and seems to be o.k. i dont have to change it

<a href="'.JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id='.$terms_article.'&tmpl=component').'" class="modal" rel="{handler: \'iframe\', size: {x: 450, y: 480}}" target="_blank">'.$text.'</a>

but still the same issue, it show me whole website instead of article

any idea?

thank you

regards
DOminik

Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by dkubik.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 8 months ago #116439

You have maybe a problem with your template.

Thanks to enable the checkout on your website, actually we can't see the code of the link because we can't go to the checkout.

• Thank you received: 2
6 years 11 months ago #269890

I am not sure how long this has been happening, but it was brought to my attention today that the terms and conditions article is the wrong one. Actually, as the original post, it is displaying the home page of the site. I looked up the article ID and it is correct. I changed the article to a different article and it still displays the home page. I checked the view as suggested in this post and it shows:
'HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_TERMS',
JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id='.$terms_article.'&tmpl=component'),
'shop_terms_and_cond',
Link to the shop is here: balancedequine.com.au/theshop.html
My thought is that with the new Joomla version, I had to update my PHP version to recomended 7.1. This caused an issue with hikashop that would not display the checkout at all and so I downgraded PHP to 7.0 and this seemed to fix it. As there didn't seem to be any resolution to the original poster, I thought I would see if anyone else has had this issue as it may not be apparent as there aren't too many who actually read the terms and conditions. Looking forward to your reply,
Steve

• Thank you received: 13068
6 years 11 months ago #269910

Hi,

1. This thread is really old. At that time, PHP 7.1 didn't exist, which indicates that your problem is different from this thread's even though it produces the same effects.

2. This issue comes from the fact that the popup content is displayed by Joomla' com_content extension and in that case, you're normally supposed to provide the id of a menu item of that extension in the URL. But since you're on the checkout, HikaShop only has the id of a menu item of the com_hikashop extension (itself) to work with. So it could try guessing one, or it could add a setting, or you could add that id in the URL yourself with an extra parameter Itemid in order to solve the problem.

3. We actually chose a different way to solve that problem. We've created our own Joomla article displayer URL. That way, HikaShop itself displays the Terms and conditions article and that problem with the SEF system of Joomla doesn't happen. We've added that in the new checkout that is available since HikaShop 3.0.0
So if you still have that problem, it's probably that you're using an old version of HikaShop or that you still have the "checkout legacy" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration.

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #293142

I had the same problem and can't yet update to Hikashop 3 since it has the result of issues with my template.
So for others with this problem. If you have the article with the terms, simply typing the id number of that article does not work. The article needs to have a (hidden) menu item directly set to that article. If you do that and give the id number of the article, the problem is solved and the article is shown when someone clicks on the link in the checkout procedure.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds