Show product image in search results

• Thank you received: 7
10 years 1 month ago #148842

How would I show products in a search result with images. At the moment the product name and desc shows however the most important thing i think is the product image as people instantly know what they want.

Thanks

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
10 years 1 month ago #148876

The standard search system of Joomla doesn't allow for that.
You would have to use a HikaShop filter instead of the Joomla search for that:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-filter-listing.html
That way, the results would display as a HikaShop products listing that you would be able to configure like you do with your hikashop menus/modules.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dibben

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 1 month ago #149463

Not sure I've read this right. Is it possible to include images in a list of results from a KeyWord search?

My products are very vast in that they all come in every colour and size etc, so filters don't narrow things, but words would - can this be done?

10 years 1 month ago #149465

Yes, with a HikaShop filter module.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dibben, kyteasdale

• Thank you received: 1
8 months 2 weeks ago #354283

Sorry to hijack this post, but once the filter is setup (in Display > Filter) how can I show this as if it is a search page as it's only showing as a filter on the categories.

I'd like it to act like a true search and show a results page, not just filter out . Does that makes sense?

Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Storm.

8 months 2 weeks ago #354287

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean.
When you search something on Google for example, you have the search input field at the top, potential filters below, and then below the results listing.
If you create a products listing menu item displaying all your products and activate its filters display setting, you'll get a similar setup.

If you want a page, like the Google homepage where you only have an input field and no results, you can do like this:
- create an empty Joomla article and create a menu item to display that empty Joomla article.
- create an instance of the HikaShop filter module via the Joomla module manager and assign it to this joomla article menu item. And in its settings, make sure that the "menu" setting is set to a menu item displaying all the products so that the user can see the results through that menu item listing.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds