Product variant price

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 10 months ago #272327

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1

We have a product with 3 characterisrtics and generates 112 variants, we updated prices for all of them.
Now we added a characteristic with 3 options and variants increased to 336, to update 224 variat prices is crazy, I looked ad DB tables and found how to select variants
"SELECT * FROM `jay_hikashop_product` WHERE product_parent_id = 759"
but I don't know how to set prices using and UPDATE statement because I can't find where the prices are stored.

However the handling of variants is really time consuming every time we add something, it should be done in a diffenet way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #272329

Now is even worst.
I removed the new characteristic and variants went back to 112.
I tried again to add the characteristic made of 3 values, but the variant remain 112 and the new field in product page has only 1 value in the dropdpwn list equal to default value.
hikashoperr4 the characteristics
hikashoperr2 the product with the new characteristic
hikashoperr1 the 112 variants, should be 336
hikashoperr3 the product page with only 1 value in the characteristic "DYNABAR V9 size"

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 10 months ago #272337

Hi,

In your screenshot, you have the same price for all the variants.
If the price doesn't change, then you should only set it in the main product and not in the variants. That way, you can only modify the price in the main product so that it affect all the variants without prices.
Also, if the price doesn't change and the quantity either (it's unlimited for the variants), then why use characteristics at all ?
Why not use custom item fields or options ? You can also have selection dropdowns on the product page with them.
That way, you don't have to manage all the variants.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ct-form.html#options
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/4...shop-field-form.html

6 years 10 months ago #272395

As far as I understand Options are connected to products and for example the size is a characteristic and you could set different price for each size. Then we add 20 different colours and we have again different price for each, I have to update tons of records. Other eCommerce systems use a more simple approach,,,

I used this SQL statment who updates the price table by identifying products variants using some product fields, but it was hard.

UPDATE `jay_hikashop_price` SET `price_value` = '262.29508'
where `price_product_id` IN
(SELECT product_id
FROM `jay_hikashop_product`
WHERE product_parent_id = 759
and product_id >= 1456
and product_code like "%_139")

Thanks and I hope this can help to improve.HikaShop

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds