Geo-location & Zones

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 8 months ago #274803

Business Version
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.2

I'd like to use two currencies USD & AUD based on geolocation.
Orders coming from Australia will only show in AUD and the rest of the world (all countries) are to be in USD.
From the documentation it looks like I need to add all country codes to the Plugin and change each one to USD in the country list?
I can't imagine the time it would take to manually do this to every country. Is there another way or something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Rapid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 8 months ago #274811

Hi,

There is no need to put any country code in the plugin.
You can also configure the main currency as USD in your HikaShop configuration and then set the AUD currency in the Australia country zone. So you won't have to set a currency in all the countries.
The countries without any currency set in their zone will use automatically the main currency of the shop.

6 years 8 months ago #274889

Thanks for your reply...

"There is no need to put any country code in the plugin."
If I don't add a country code to the Geolocation plugin, then will it still select the right currency as default for the visitor based on their IP?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #274921

Hello,

I'm afraid that I don't understand your question because Nicolas already gave you the answer.
So please follow these instructions :

You can also configure the main currency as USD in your HikaShop configuration and then set the AUD currency in the Australia country zone. So you won't have to set a currency in all the countries.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 8 months ago #274970

Jerome wrote: Hello,

I'm afraid that I don't understand your question because Nicolas already gave you the answer.
So please follow these instructions :

Regards,

My question is related to the Geolocation instructions... I want the system to display the right currency based on the visitor IP.
In the manual it discusses Authorized Zones - so the answer I'm looking for is either a) You don't need to add country code to have the IP checked and the correct currency displayed or b) Yes you need to add each country that you want checked to the Authorised Zone list.

This is what's in the manual:
Zones authorized : With this parameter you can enters ids of zones to authorize (you will find the ids on the listing of zones via the menu System->Zones). Users outside that zone will be blocked. The ids need to be separated by a comma. For example: 72,94,54

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 8 months ago #275064

Hi,

If you add your zone in the authorized zone list, all the zones not in there will be blocked from accessing your website. Since you want anyone to be able to access your website, you want to leave that setting empty. That setting is not related to the detection of the zone in order to set the currency.
The manual doesn't say that you need to put something in that setting if you want the currency to be based on the visitor IP.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds