Going directly to checkout, even when your cart is full

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 2 days ago #290293

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (Build oficial) (64 bits), Firefox 59.0.1 (64-bit)
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Too much quantity selected for product XXX.

Hi!

I´m going to offer a service that customers can purchase once at time, so I´ve set "1" on "Max. number of items in the cart". It works fine.

And I want to proceed as simple as possible, so I skip the cart module and its buttom for going to checkout: when a customer clicks on "Add to cart" button, he goes directly to checkout (I´m using "Add to cart legacy" mode, and set "After a product is added to the cart" > "Always go to the checkout").

Everything works now just how I need... except for one thing. If the customer doesn´t complete checkout (for example: he visits any other page on my website) and then try to return to checkout (clicking on Add to cart button again, remember there is not cart module) then an error message shows: "Too much quantity selected for product XXX." (of course). And then there is no way to go to checkout view.

So, is there any way to go directly to checkout even when your cart is full and you click again on Add to cart button?

I know it´s complicated, but I would appreciate some help. Best regards!

Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by Enigmma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 1 day ago #290295

Hi,

There is no such system.
You could :
- configure the HikaShop cart module to display the cart along with a proceed to checkout button on the page to access the checkout and see what you already have in the cart.
- create a menu item of the type "HikaShop checkout" to be able to easily access the checkout.
- customize the error message with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
That way, within the error message, you could add a HTML link to your checkout so that the customer could simply click on it to access the checkout, knowing that he already has the product in the cart.

Note : Don't edit a long time after had posted a message, if you have to edit it do it just after have posted it, OR post a new message.
Thanks for you attention.

Last edit: 6 years 2 days ago by Philip.

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 1 day ago #290319

Thank you. I am already working on the third option.
Regards.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds