Export for tax

• Thank you received: 9
5 years 7 months ago #297361

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7
-- PHP version -- : 7

Hi there,

I have watched to the report and the mass actions to a very clean export for accountant.
Most important Total price, excl. tax and the tax.
Now i have 100 columns and all kind of taxes but i do not find just one tax price.
Every order has one tax at the end and that is important for accountant.

This is how i see it :-)
To survive you guys need to be more compatible to applications like Moneybird, Exact, Zapier, Webhooks.
For me it is a big considuration to go to woocommerce because they connect to everything and hikashop to nothing outside joomla (as far as i know)
So if this step is not coming very soon i will need to change to WP with woocommerce for next sites because making a report or invoice in my invoice program wil becoming more important everyday.

I love Joomla and Hikashop, but installing a WP with Woocommerce is way easier to to and to connect to hundreds of other tools without any programmer. That is the future for mass selling your webshop ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 7 months ago #297364

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

5 years 7 months ago #297391

Your welcome :-)

How do i create an easy csv export of the information i need?
It is for the accountant to import sales and tax.
It should be an basic/template export if you ask me.

Minimal i need this:
Export per month/year
Total price of orders
Total Tax of orders
Total tax per kind of orders (we have 6% on books and stuff and 21% on most stuff)

Thanks!

5 years 7 months ago #297395

Hi,

Go in the menu System>Taxes and then click on the "manage tax rates" button.
There you'll have a listing of your tax rates. And you'll have a column for the total amount of taxes for each rate, and a column for the total amount of the orders for each rate. And you'll have filters on the top right of the listing to set a date range and select the order statuses to take into account.
Also, in the Orders>Reports menu you can configure reports to get a list of the orders with a period, or a report in "table" mode where you can have one row with the total price, one row with the total taxes, etc.
And finally, in the System>Mass actions menu, you can also create an export of the orders. You can set filters and you can select the columns you want in the export (for example, order_full_price, order_full_tax, etc) so that you can easily get a CSV of just the data you need of the orders for a certain period by just clicking the "process" button.

5 years 7 months ago #297601

Hi,

Well if that would work that would be great :-)
www.dropbox.com/s/tuwptn49rcycy1z/Scherm...%2009.46.05.png?dl=0
I get an error and do not get the csv file.

5 years 7 months ago #297607

Hi,

What I explained in my message do work.
But I've never talked about exporting a report table (which isn't exportable), so I don't see the link between your screenshot and what I said ?

5 years 7 months ago #297641

Hi Nicolas,

For you it is easy to understand.
It is an awesome system with dazzeling options for a not so advanced Hikashop user a lot to take in.
The options are so much and for an easy function like a tax report (everybody needs to have that) it is to difficult (in my opinion).
I maintain more than 100 joomla site's so i am not a beginner (i hope...)

Your message:
YOU: Also, in the Orders>Reports menu you can configure reports to get a list of the orders with a period
ME: Done this and i do get an export but to much information and not the total i need, i want to choose the columns and a clean export in CSV. This should be a default report if you ask me (or am i the only one that needs this?)

YOU: or a report in "table" mode where you can have one row with the total price, one row with the total taxes, etc.
- if i choose table i get a popup and choose sales an tax, i see the result but can't export. So how do i do this?

I need a simpel report:
Per month/year a report of total income and the tax.
If it is possible to split i like to see the tax per tax kind (6% 21%) in an advanced tax report :-)

The massa actions report do not show total prices.
I can't find columns that i need to see the total tax of this month without creating an excel that will sum multiple columns results for me.

5 years 7 months ago #297681

Hi,

Exports are for details, not for totals.
If you want something that calculates totals for you, then you don't want to use exports.
If you configure a report like this ( monosnap.com/file/N4Tsd4b3LN69MdGVSOlfzKHiR0qVEb ), it will give you a graph with one point per month with the total tax amount for each month.
There is however no option to break that per tax rate.

Also, in your messages, you avoid talking about my first answer to you regarding this topic:

Go in the menu System>Taxes and then click on the "manage tax rates" button.
There you'll have a listing of your tax rates. And you'll have a column for the total amount of taxes for each rate, and a column for the total amount of the orders for each rate. And you'll have filters on the top right of the listing to set a date range and select the order statuses to take into account.

This area was especially made for merchants to be able to easily get the total tax amounts per rate for the periods they want for tax reports. The interface is simplicity itself there. You select the starting date, the ending date, and the statuses to take into account and you can just read the amounts for each rate for the period selected.
Reading your last message, it looks to me that this interface is the most fitting to your needs.

5 years 7 months ago #297682

Hi Nicolas,

I missed that point from the taxes and the overview!
That would be awesome to create an export for that :-)
I would say add an massaction possibility for this so you can have a report every month to the administration so they can use that.

But for now i am saved, although an export would be handy ;-)

Thanks for your support!

5 years 7 months ago #297683

Do i see Joomla 4 there or do you have a better design for Hikashop coming?

5 years 7 months ago #297684

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll see how an automatic export would be added to the tax rate manager.

And yes, it is indeed a screenshot of my test website for HikaShop's next release to fully support Joomla 4. The design is adapted to Joomla 4, but most of the things remain the same. It's just some improvements here and there. On Joomla 3, you'll still have the current design (since it matches with Joomla 3's design), but you'll still get the improvements we've made.
For example, on the categories listing, we've reworked a bit how the category name is displayed with the edition and access to the sub categories so that it avoids mistakes for new comers: monosnap.com/file/TmTf9DTHMCCxu5Dhhpl2MsfLt3TrH6
You can also see that we've changed all the icons of the backend to use fontawesome instead of images. That will reduce the amount of resources to load on the pages, and the icons will look closer to what Joomla is using, with the added benefit that it will be easier to maintain for us in the future and easier to style for you if you need to.

5 years 7 months ago #297736

Hi Nicolas,

That would be great!

The Joomla 4 looks allot better, i am excited about it!
The menu looks allot better and good idea to use Font awesome!
If you make an option that i can Choose Font awesome Pro light ^^

Then also change the Tree of categories you see under there, that one is still windows 95 style if you ask me :-P
That would be awesome if that has icons and better design!

Good luck with making Hikashop even better!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds