Bulk Edit

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #917

Hi, I have started to try out the cart software, I am very impressed, and I am likely to buy the business edition. I have setup a test website complete with shop which works perfectly..

My Question, is it possible to bulk edit categories or products? For example, I have set up 50 products, some have the tax included, some dont - I would like to change all of the products to include tax, without having to edit the products individually. It would also be useful for changing the prices (lots of my products have 1 price and I would like to be able to change all quickly?
Possibly there is a function somewhere for this, I just haven´t seen it.

many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
13 years 5 months ago #919

Hi,

It's not possible to bulk edit products or categories.
You can however bulk create products if you use the latest version as it includes an import feature: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/73.html
However, this doesn't handle multiple prices per product.

For tax category, you can run a query to add it automatically to all your products: UPDATE jos_hikashop_product SET product_tax_id=XX
where XX needs to be replaced with the ID of the tax category.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #925

Many Thanks Nicolas - all products now have tax - just need to sort out the prices. I do have the latest version and will look at the import feature...Still a superb product and even better support.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds