Possibly the prettiest HikaShop store in existence

• Thank you received: 94
9 years 7 months ago #172193

-- url of the page with the problem -- : wellnessevolution.com/store
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.x

Take a look at www.wellnessevolution.com/store

This is our latest HikaShop creation, one of two separate Joomla 3.3 HikaShop Business websites for our client Wellness Evolution. The second one will be launching next week. Both were upgraded from Joomla 1.5 and VM 1.1 (I know!) to the latest HikaShop and Joomla CMS.

We're still tweaking a few things with layout on mobile, but the client asked to have the site up before this weekend as she is presenting at a large business conference.

Besides HikaShop, we also used the AJAX Universal Live Search and Skyline HikaShop Accordion modules to support the store features.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 7 months ago #172299

Congrats Deb and the Polished Geeks that worked on this. I agree that it is an inspired layout and an excellent use of high quality imagery. Terrific work! B)

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Duke3D.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PolishedGeek

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 6 months ago #173422

It is a really great website . I like
-the arc in the bottom of the image ( not on all MQ band )
-the way to have access to selected cart item ( Jpanel not show in mobile width size ! ?)
-the way to compare selected item (which extension ? )
-the dynamic compare button ( disturbing when first use ...where is the button ?)
-the mediaqueries for width but also height !
-the responsive menu that show list of menu item
-the mix of many javascript :spin dojo mootool jquery
-the mix of design : google font , gantry with bootstrap but with google font ( not font awesome)
-the 2 buying process step layout design

A In some browser width the arrow hide the menu label !! Have you got this arrow issue in your browser ? I try to change the css code in many location but not easy . Is there a way to place the arrow ( that appear if menu that have sub menu items ) in the right side of the label that need it ? hikashop website use ck menu and a arrow image. Your menu use the same html dom tag hiearchy but different arrow "implementation ": you use pseudo element ::after and glyph content . It seem you have to manage ( :hover ) and .border-fixer .dropdown class to see the sub menu well with no "overlay" .

B can your share your feedback beetween VM and hikashop extension ?

I don't study all the e-commerce website post in hikasop forum but i think is the more advanced RWD layout e-commerce details customization ( browser design and server/php side ) i have seen in Hikashop .

regard's

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by lionel75.

9 years 6 months ago #173430

Thanks for your feedback! We plan to have a few small things like the menu behavior and a couple of other minor design tweaks done soon. Thanks for pointing out one we missed.

Regarding the comparison tool, that is native HikaShop (business edition), with a bit of styling customization. We broke out all of the different details about each item (ingredients, usage, warnings, etc.) into HikaShop product custom fields. That allowed us to create the useful comparison layout you see today.

Regarding the compare button, I agree it's not intuitive that you should scroll to the top for it, but right now that's how it works in HikaShop. Perhaps I can have our next template contractor do something special to make that button "sticky" or have it float on the side. Something to make it visible immediately to the user no matter where they are on the page, once they have clicked 2 or more items for Comparison.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback and screenshots. Much appreciated!

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 2 months ago #189612

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by ucan.

9 years 2 months ago #189615

Someone asked this question so I'll answer here in the thread:

Question: What did you use to get the floating cart button on the left hand margin of the site? I like it!

Answer: We used JPanel to display a slightly customized HikaShop cart module on the side of the site. extensions.joomla.org/extension/style-a-...modules-panel/jpanel

We suppress the JPanel module on mobile as it got in the way more than we'd like on small devices.

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

The following user(s) said Thank You: ucan

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds