my first hikashop site

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 6 months ago #172320

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.foliewinkel.com
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop [1402281947]
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : site is up now for 6 months, making this site for myself, there are some points i working to get it better.
suggestions are welcome.

:woohoo: site is up now for 6 months, making this site for myself, there are some points i working to get it better.
suggestions are always welcome.

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Joeri.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 6 months ago #173361

hi
1 each article don't have the same number of image or lines text ...so nothing can be vertical align with the css you use .

2 You use a sprite for "Plaats in de winkelwagen" that overlap the width of the container in some case ( MQ) .

3 color fore/back ground
The top right corner should be to a lighter color . when thetop image is use , the background is white , the top right corner could not be white !!

I like the way you cut the original image in the home page refer to each Mediaqueries ranges .

The issues ( 1 2 ) appear during many mediaqueries range in some case .

Gantry is more than a template it is an IDE integration in the backend with many tool for deigner and developper . Gantry has many predefine mediaqueries , but mediaqueries breakpoints must be choose refer to broken design when width browser decrease not refer to predefine device screen . See the capture screen about mediaqueries range , and do you know a- for each range what occur in each range whithout have a look to each range definition ? or b- do you know in wich range you make some modification ?

When i begin joomla i was thinking that i could begin to learn gantry first but discover i need to undertand the basic go low level ( css html js ) before go to high level like gantry. If you use high level tool ; you have to know the low level tools/techniques that is use by the high level tool .
I really think joomla should be agnostic about CSS framework and joomla framework ( larabee) !!

when you understand css js html you can take the code from one website and make your's ( inspire not thief ).

Hope this ll helpfull .

Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by lionel75.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joeri

9 years 6 months ago #173365

Thanks for your input, i understand 50% off wat you say.
iam a amateur and trying this for a hobby.

the css comes from a hikashop layout????.
The white corner do you mean the background color?? :blush: :blush:

and do you know a- for each range what occur in each range whithout have a look to each range definition ? or b- do you know in wich range you make some modification ?

This i mean, i don't know this, how??

Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Joeri.

9 years 6 months ago #173366

Ok
sorry i don't know your level .

See the capture screen i upload with some comment .

Open the file in paint .net instead of browser ... some browser don't support transparency ( grey white carret background )

a mediaquery is information write in the css that ask to the browser to change css properties ( color shape location) that apply by default to a div in different way for width range of browser . In the capture screen there is 9 green range even some range are identical ( in the capture screen ) not the css code ( i nthe rendering viewer = browser ) .

in this capture screen the link goes to a php file that contain css code .
so it is not a php file but a css file .
http://www.foliewinkel.com/plugins/system/jch_optimize/assets2/jscss.php?f=29c0ea5284fd3f9ead238fd52973ac02&type=css&gz=gz&d=30
the problem is that this URL can be dynamic so can be invalid and depend of browser session ( cookies ) .
the second problem is that in the url you can see jch optimize . so gantry use a joomla extension for speed ( load asset in short time) . So you have to understand jsh optimize or know why use it
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...te-performance/12088

regard's

Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #173367

Ha oke now i understand a bit more, thanks,
I work on it, but i think maybe i have some questions later.

Maybe you know also how to remove te gantry logo on the bottom off the site??

Thank you again very much for your time

9 years 6 months ago #173369

When you write you use the words "hikashop layout" ... it is not exact .
You use gantry layout ( main template ) and inside this layout you use hikashop layout ( joomla extension layout that have it own layout ) .
All layout ( main template like beez5 ) you choose by default ll never be compatible with layout of any extension ( hikashop is an joomla extension) . It is why we speak in the internet a lot of bootstrap but you have to use a bootstrap layout ( main template ) and use an extension that is bootstrap compatible . I speak a lot in Hikashop forum about bootstrap and version problem incompatibilities .
If the gantry template you use is boostrap compatible then hikashop is not bootstrap compatible ( see my capture ) or you don't choose /configure/enable Hikashop in the way it should to support bootstrap .
compatible support don't mean implement bootstrap and need to be explicit comment to understand thing behind marketing /commercial word . in all case use a CSS framework need to write HTML code like use javascript library need to write javascript code .

bootstrap don't do all because you have to custom bootstrap with color , size and image .
http://bootswatchr.com/create#!/edit/f8fc110f
regard's

9 years 6 months ago #173370

the second problem is that in the url you can see jch optimize . so gantry use a joomla extension for speed ( load asset in short time) . So you have to understand jsh optimize or know why use it

Thats right, I have put in jch because with the gantry template my site become slow

9 years 6 months ago #173371

Hi
i was thinking gantry add this but see it is a pay extension . I don't know all but hope what i write ll be helpfull and make sense . It is a good point to use JCH so your are not a really a beginner ... ( great )
I coudl study your site and give the % of css not use . It is because gantry is too big that with years it ll be too slow ( not really true , it depends how you use/configure gantry ) . Disable the extensions that are install but not use is another tricks but there is so many .....

regard's

9 years 6 months ago #173372

Iam very thankfull, that you help me so far.

I learn a lot this evening.

I can do a coppel off things now so i working on that.
bootwatcher is very interesting but i don;t know how to use it , not yet.

thanks again, i hope to speak you again a another day.

best regards
joeri

9 years 6 months ago #173374

bootwatcher is only a little part of iceberg. there is many others tools that have been build has a webservice . In all case it is a css editor without image support . You can change color size for text div but not image ( still use custom css code and drawing editor like photoshop or paint net gimp) . there is many other bootstrap design editor ( layer on css ) see http://tutsme-webdesign.info/best-bootstrap-visual-editor/ . At this time joomla claim to use bootstrap but no way to search in jed wich extension support bootstrap and other big problem which bootstrap version is supported !!

designer tool online also exist for some javascript library like jquery UI base on jquery see http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/

bootstrap is vaporware( don't waste your time on it unless all joomla core and extension implement it ) , custom by yourself the default template you buy ( change color add image ) and post in forum for css / php issue you have during dev .

color can be change by using some free or pay template but the number of change is very limited by the people who implement the template . the ja_purity do that but implementation use joomla functionnalities and css raster php knowledge ! By change a simple selector you can change the color of the template . Better than enable /disable parameter of specific template , bootstrap let people change by far many more parameters than a joomla template . joomla is for manage data in page ( storage) and manage link beetween pages not to custom style ( css ) even we can .

regard's

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds