validation

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #52184

Hi Nicolas,

I made a post under general regarding validation for a custom field - customer code. At the moment it uses the existing basic validation that limits the input to a maximum of 6 digits although these can be either alpha or numerique. I need to accomplish validation that is both min/max 6 and only numerique.

Thank you for your response,

Luke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
11 years 9 months ago #52269

Hi,

There is no option for that.
You will have to edit the view file where your custom field is displayed and add custom javascript code to handle that. What kind of custom field is it ? On which table is it set ?

11 years 9 months ago #52306

Hi

I know there is no option for that. That is why I was proposing it under commercial jobs. I am looking for someone to take this on as a commercial job. I have attached a screenshot of the field settings.

kindly,

Luke

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #52309

You can change the line:
echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->$type->$fieldName,'data',false,' '.$onWhat.'="hikashopToggleFields(this.value,\''.$fieldName.'\',\''.$type.'\',0);"'); ?>

to:

echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->$type->$fieldName,'data',false,' '.$onWhat.'="if(this.id==\'address_codeclient\' && ((!isNaN(parseFloat(this.value)) && isFinite(this.value)) || this.value.length!=6)){ alert(\'this field must be a number of 6 characters\'); this.value='\'\; return false;} hikashopToggleFields(this.value,\''.$fieldName.'\',\''.$type.'\',0);"'); ?>

in the file custom_field of the view user via the menu Display->Views.

11 years 9 months ago #52450

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for your kind help, but unfortunatley I am not getting a result from it; the user can still enter alpha characters and sequences less than 6 numeric characters long.

I changed the line, on all templates, cleared cache, etc, but received

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /homepages/23/d411939325/htdocs/cofiparc/templates/objectifprventionsingle/html/com_hikashop/user/custom_fields.php on line 21

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /homepages/23/d411939325/htdocs/cofiparc/templates/objectifprventionsingle/html/com_hikashop/user/custom_fields.php on line 21

any clues?

kindly

Luke

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by lwlbar.

11 years 9 months ago #52455

Try like that:

echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->$type->$fieldName,'data',false,' '.$onWhat.'="if(this.id==\'address_codeclient\' && ((!isNaN(parseFloat(this.value)) && isFinite(this.value)) || this.value.length!=6)){ alert(\'this field must be a number of 6 characters\'); this.value=\'\'; return false;} hikashopToggleFields(this.value,\''.$fieldName.'\',\''.$type.'\',0);"'); ?>

11 years 9 months ago #52457

Sorry that didn't work either...

i did try changing: (this.id==\'address_codeclient to (this.id==\'codeclient as the column name for the field isn't preceeded by address_ ( or should it be!?)

11 years 9 months ago #52509

Hi Nicholas,

Actually my dumb it did indeed work :blush: however its working for alpha characters not numeric, sorry to keep bothering you.

kindly,

Luke

11 years 9 months ago #52559

Try like that:

echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->$type->$fieldName,'data',false,' '.$onWhat.'="if(this.id==\'address_codeclient\' && (!(!isNaN(parseFloat(this.value)) && isFinite(this.value)) || this.value.length!=6)){ alert(\'this field must be a number of 6 characters\'); this.value=\'\'; return false;} hikashopToggleFields(this.value,\''.$fieldName.'\',\''.$type.'\',0);"'); ?>

11 years 9 months ago #52605

Hi Nicolas

I have added in the most recent code, into the relevent template:

views-->custom_fields-->user-->(template)

without response :(

To be sure it was in the right place, I adjusted each of available templates....(I know this shouldn't be neccessary)

Still no response. :dry:

So I tried to revert to the second attempt ( which accepted only 6 alpha characters) by removing the customizations (under views) then redoing the process.

This attempt had no result either, which I am a bit lost with. :ohmy: I have cleared cache/browser history/etc, the site is online and no one is logged into to either front/back end.

This seems a bit strange. I don't think its fair to say that the latest line isn't correct, but it doesn't appear to be being taken into effect.

kindly,

Luke

11 years 9 months ago #52681

Can you give a link to that page so that we can see that ?

11 years 9 months ago #52683

cofiparc.objectifprevention.com

let me know where i can send admin access if required

Luke

11 years 9 months ago #52781

Try like that:

echo $this->fieldsClass->display($oneExtraField,$this->$type->$fieldName,'data',false,' '.$onWhat.'="if(this.id==\'codeclient\' && (!(!isNaN(parseFloat(this.value)) && isFinite(this.value)) || this.value.length!=6)){ alert(\'this field must be a number of 6 characters\'); this.value=\'\'; return false;} hikashopToggleFields(this.value,\''.$fieldName.'\',\''.$type.'\',0);"'); ?>

From the tests I could do on your website, that one is working.

11 years 9 months ago #52789

Nicolas,

thank you ever so much for your time and patience! :laugh:

works like a charm!

bravo,

Luke

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds