Manager Permissions

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 week ago #11074

I am outsourcing some affiliate program management to Ryan Jones from GreenAffiliatePrograms.net. I would like to upgrade his permissions so he can see/use the Affiliate management kind of things but the manager group can see and edit everything including configuration,products, payment methods, etc. Is there a way to make the HikaShop stuff visible to Admins only?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 1 week ago #11080

There is no option for that at the moment in HikaShop. That's something we want to add in the next few months. In the mean time, maybe there are some ACL tools in Joomla which can do the job ? Otherwise, the solution will be to hack hikashop to check the user and the controller in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/admin.com_hikashop.php

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 7 months ago #24151

I have setup HikaShop on a customer site and am ready to deploy. I went to give their user group permission to access the component (orders and products) only to find there is no permissions? This was the only thread I could find on the topic.

I'd happily try to hack the admin.hikashop.php file if I could understand what it's doing. I have two user groups I need to give access. Right now they can't see HikaShop in the back end at all. Since there is no fine-grained permission support, I can work with an all or nothing approach for now and hope for better permissions support in the future. Or better yet, front-end access! That would keep them away from configuration areas and still let them add products and retrieve orders. Ah well. One day...

I must say, this is the first place where HikaShop has disappointed me. Everything else about it has been great. (OK, I really don't like the way characteristics are handled but it works.)

Can you tell me what I need to do to hack admin.hikashop.php so HikaShop will display for a specific user group or two?

HikaShop Essential 1.5.3 on Joomla 1.6

Thanks

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 7 months ago #24158

Since 5 months ago, we added that feature, but only in the Business edition. You can manage the access levels of user groups via the "access level" tab of the configuration.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds