license

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #13833

as I already said on another thread where I saw a similar issue I do not think it is proper for you to identify our hikashop.com cookie into our business install as is obvious by reference to my username (and juliet's in the other thread).

it so happens I have been developing a business license site on my server (in a folder "samples") until I was ready to move it to the company's I am working for. now that I have moved the site I get this error:

There are no license affected to your user, please contact our support at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. providing the information :
username : dontflinch
Component : hikashop
Level : business

and now that I see you have violated your own policy* identified on the component and I am glad I used a throwaway email address.

it is also not very good policy to disable the entire component rather than just the added on parts while you straighten out that I do have a legitimate copy!

I am very unhappy about this. I have been telling folks how nice this component is, how good the support is, and had already sold one, now I think I will not do so anymore, so much for my $15 commission I'll never see.

* How does HikaShop validate my license?
The use of our commercial versions is limited to one website, so after installing one of our commercial (paid) version, your server will send to hikashop.com a request to validate your license.
In this request, your server will send your Website URL, the name of the component which needs to be validated and the version of your component.
This information is sent using a GET connection (using a simple iFrame) so you will be able to validate your license using any server or php configuration as long as the server is connected to internet.
If your license is valid for this website, our licensing system will return a key which will be inserted in your database.
After this operation, your server won't have to communicate with our server anymore and you will be completely independent. So even if our server is down, the use of the component on your website won't be affected at all.

Our licensing system CANNOT access directly your website information.
There is no open door in your component, the connection is always established from your server to our server.
Our licensing system collects only the necessary information to validate your license: your website url and the name/version/level of the component.
A communication will be established between your server and our server only during the installation process or if you try to update your component.
The front-end of the component will always work, even if your license is not valid (we don't want to bother your visitors).
Licenses for your local websites (127.0.x.x or 192.168.x.x or localhost...) will be automatically valid.
Commercial versions of HikaShop are not encrypted, they are open source but not GPL.
Hikari Software will never sell, distribute or lease the collected information to third parties.

If you want to use the component on a online test website or enable the license on an alias, please install it and send us an e-mail providing your main website url and the test website url, we will validate your license for this website too asap. Websites such as test.yourwebsite.com , www.yourwebsite.com/dev or other obvious test urls will be automatically considered as test websites.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 30 November 1999 00:00

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 11 months ago #13839

Hi,

The license validation is a one time thing when you setup your website. The licenses are based on the domain name. If you move your website to another domain, the system needs to revalidate the license (otherwise we wouldn't be able to enforce a one domain license on HikaShop). So, you just need to reenter your username and password and the license will be revalidated automatically, that's all.

Also, only the back end is disabled, the front end will still work without the license validated so that your customers will not be impacted if you have a license problem at one point (which should only happen if you move your website).

That same license system has been developed for AcyMailing and has been running for 2 years without such complains so I'm surprised of your reaction. As the error message states, if you have any kind of problem with a license, just contact us and we will fix it promptly.

I don't see the problem with the affiliation ? If your customers buy the license with your affiliate link, you get your commission and they can validate themselves the license when they move their website.

12 years 11 months ago #13871

apparently it IS NOT a "one time thing" or it would not have blocked the component from working once I moved it to the other server, where I repopulated a fully working database.

it must have automatically done a check and saw my dontflinch cookie rather than the login of the one it was purchased with by the customer.

you say it's a "one time thing" and your policy says "After this operation, your server won't have to communicate with our server anymore and you will be completely independent" but this makes it obvious THAT IS NOT TRUE.

Instead it then automatically blocked all backend access, so the paid user does not even get the basic access a FREE customer has.

so let's say in the future we want to populate a second domain with our product information ON A FREE VERSION, that anyone who has not already paid can use, we can't do so and use this database.

this is not about acymailing which I have never used so I do not know why you are bringing that up.

the 'affiliate problem' is that you will not pay until three purchases have been made. I sold one to a customer and they are not moving anything, that is what they hired me for, and now I will not plan on selling any more of these

and I'll be clearing my cookie the minute I leave now too, and blocking all hikashop.com cookies for that matter from now on out.

12 years 11 months ago #13872

I understand that you can be surprised to not get access to the back end of HikaShop when the license is not valid and I agree that we could improve the system to downgrade the use to the free features instead of blocking the access. We'll look at that in the future. I however have to disagree on the software behavior regarding the policy we wrote: Your server IS independent from ours once the license is retrieved. But if you move your website to another server (and more specifically the domain name changes), the license is not considered valid anymore and have to be revalidated.

12 years 11 months ago #15202

OK, but I have multiple domains pointing to the same folder that my site is hosted in. Does your 1 domain per license restriction apply here, or is it fine since the single it's all from a single Joomla DB?

12 years 11 months ago #15203

So, you just need to reenter your username and password and the license will be revalidated automatically, that's all.

Nope, that's not working. Am I supposed to "detach" my license from my currently "attached" domain? If so, how do I do that? I no longer want the installation on the test site I first put it on and want to put my shopping cart system on the live site at a different domain. How do I migrate? From the beginning, please, since you don't have any clear instructions on how to do this in your documentation. Thanks...

12 years 11 months ago #15211

The system tries to detect test websites so that it validates the licenses automatically.
For example, if you have the domain mydomain.com and that your test website is test.mydomain.com or mydomain.com/test, the system will automatically validate the license for both the main website and the test website.
However, sometimes the system is not able to automatically detect that. In such cases, please use our contact form and send us both URLs so that we can check them out and validate the licenses or move it. The contact form is available on that page: www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html
Remember that we allow tests websites and aliases for one license in our conditions.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds