Hikashop Enquiry product and order

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 5 months ago #29127

Hi i have a couple of questions.

1. I would like to use an inquiry form for a product. I will have a lot of products that will always have an inquiry button instead of "add to cart". I believe this can be done also with a form plugin in joomla, since its just a form. My question is what happens to the order next? I mean since the customer will inquiry then he will not order so the admin should create an account with his name and email and order for him? and also what happens with the payment. Can the customer see in his "My orders page" a link from paypal for example to go pay?

2. I would like to have some admins on the shop called "sellers" that i will be able to track their sales and offer them commissions. Not like affiliates but more like real life sales man. Example, i am a sales man and i found a new customer, i create an order/invoice in his name, generate the order and the customer can see and pay on his profile and on the sales man can gain the credit of this sale.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
12 years 5 months ago #29136

Hi,

1. There are two things here:
a.You want your clients to inquiry about one product at a time. In that case, you can activate the "Display a contact button on the product page" option of the configuration (commercial editions) which will display a "contact us for more information" on the product page, display a form for the user to ask questions and then send an email to you with the name of the product and the text of the user and you will be able to reply to him.
b. You want your clients to inquiry about a cart. In that case, you would have to change your checkout workflow in the configuration of HikaShop to remove the payment view so that the checkout just create an order without any payment involved. Then, you would be notified as administrator and you could set a payment info, change the price, etc, email the user and have him pay for his order from his orders listing (there is the option "Payment of orders not paid immediately" in the configuration of the commercial editions to allow the users to do that).

2. You can have admins create orders for users on the backend and email the users his order and ask the user to pay via a link. However, they will be able to see the orders of everyone, not just theirs. And there is no commission calculation in place as orders are not affected to any "vendor" but just the user purchasing.

12 years 5 months ago #29165

Thank you Nicolas

For point 1 i think b solution is the best. My question for the b solution is, can i set up 2 types of workflows? One for normal checkout with paypal and other with Payment of orders not paid immediately"?

Regarding 2 point, i thought something but im not sure if it will work. Affiliate system in hikashop business gives an id for each resseler that can be used on the url to track his sales. What if i told my reselers to order from the frontend using their url/aff=id so i can track their sales in the backend? is that possible?

12 years 5 months ago #29171

1. You can't have more than one workflow. But what you can do is to use the "collect on delivery" payment plugin and rename it to "Ask for information". Then, on the checkout, your customers will be able to choose between that method et paypal. So you can achieve that too.

2. Yes, that would be possible.

12 years 5 months ago #29187

Thank you nicolas

As i see in the new demo business edition i can see the orders/sales of my affiliate partners. Is it possible to manually create and assign from the backend an order/sale to partner? or can be done with some customization?

12 years 5 months ago #29217

Hi,

No you can't assign an affiliate partner to an order from the back end unless there was already an affiliate partner set in the first place.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds