Paypal setup

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #64969

Hi, I am relatively new to this, so I apologize for this question in advance.

I have enabled the paypal plugin, but I don't see the fields where I can enter my email address to activate it. I only see the shipping method, currency, price, and percentage fields. Is there another way I can activate the paypal plugin?

Many thanks in advance!

Marian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago #64997

Hello Marian,

You should just :
- Go to "Hikashop->Configuration->Payment methods->Paypal"
- Use the E-mail option.

Here is the paypal documentation that will help you to setup your paypal payment method.

11 years 6 months ago #65672

Hi Mohamed, I'm sorry to reply so late to you. I've attached a screen shot of my paypal plugin screen. For some reason, I don't see where I can enter the paypal email. It's also missing other fields. Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 6 months ago #65673

Hi,
You're not in the "real" paypal payment method, you should have another payment method name paypal, so use it :)

11 years 6 months ago #65674

Hi! Thank you for the quick response.

This is very embarassing, but I don't see the "real" paypal payment method in the plugins :blush: ...there's the paypal Pro payment, but that has the same screen (I've attached a screen shot of what I see when I click on the payment methods in configuration).

Sorry for these probably easy questions! :S

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by mvisona.

• Thank you received: 13037
11 years 6 months ago #65682

You should use the PayPal payment plugin on that screen.
On the option screen of the PayPal payment plugin, you should have a lot more options than on your first screenshot.
If you don't, it means that your missing some things.
Maybe the paypal plugin files are not there or something.
You should normally find them in the folder plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal via FTP
I can see that you don't have the latest version. Maybe an update would help to solve that problem...

11 years 6 months ago #65683

Thank you Nicolas (and Mohammed). I will go ahead and try an update.

Hopefully that will take care of it :-).

Thanks again!

11 years 1 month ago #90140

Hi Nicolas!

I have used Hikashop for some years now, and it always work as a charm. For some reason though, I can not get paypal standard to work with my new web page. I attach two screens with my settings, one with the generated code on the last page. My problem is that once I push continue to paypal - it searches for paypal and then for some reason ends up with a blank page under my domainname.

I read threads on this subject and tried to disable my template from pixelparadise, I also went in to paypal account and made sure everything was ok with the settings in there. I have tried numerous of settings recommended here: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...nt-paypal-error.html and one time I had problem with the adress fields, but now I get no return-error message at all.

Could this have to do with that my site is installed on www.jengel.happymindsstudios.com but the DNS to www.jengel.se is set to another host, that is redirected back to www.jengel.happymindsstudios.com . This is a temporary solution, we are just building the site on this sub-catalog.

Thanks for any advice.

The paypal function is disabled atm, I can put it back on for you if you want to.

Practice makes perfect
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Sol Skugga.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #90167

Hi,

Can you give us a screenshot of your paypal plugin configuration ?
Have you refreshed the IPs ?

11 years 1 month ago #90175

Sorry, I thought the printscreen was attached in my message above. I see now I attached the wrong file. I edit it now with the present one.

Practice makes perfect

11 years 1 month ago #90377

Hi,

I tried to look at the problem on your website. Unfortunately, I can't see the PayPal payment method on your checkout. So I couldn't see the redirect at the end of the checkout, which would have helped me understand what is going on. If you could put it back on, or provide a backend access so that we can put it on when we test if you don't want to have it on all the time.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sol Skugga

11 years 1 month ago #90433

I just emailed my login details to nicolas at hikashop dot com

Practice makes perfect

11 years 1 month ago #90719

Hi,

I went to your website, enabled paypal and did an order. I was redirected correctly to paypal payment gateway after the checkout.
So I guess that it might be an issue on your browser (cookies, cache ?) and that it should work fine for everyone else.
I would recommend to try with another computer/user account.

11 years 1 month ago #90726

Hi again.

I have tried from my computer (mac book pro firefox and safari - both updated) and with the same setting from my partners mac book. We are now logging in with explorer to try that from a simulated windows-environment.

Did you put on paypal standard, or paypal pro module?

Practice makes perfect

11 years 1 month ago #90727

I get the same error-message in code in explorer: This content can not be displayed in a frame...yadi yadi.. try to open this window in a new browser....

Practice makes perfect

11 years 1 month ago #90732

So, fyi, I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but if I log in and go to the control panel in hikashop, it looks like the screen capture below. And if I go into code in firebug "<div id="iframedoc" class="iframedoc"></div>" are blanked out so to say.

Practice makes perfect
Attachments:

11 years 1 month ago #91017

I was using Chrome when I tested and didn't had any redirect issue. There was no iframe on your website so no need to display that error message.
I'm guessing that maybe you're accessing internet via a proxy (maybe your internet provider ?) and it adds an iframe around the website or something ?

Since everything is ok for me on your website, there is nothing to fix as far as I can see. However, if the error message you have says that the problem comes from an iframe issue, the solution should be easy.
Edit the file plugins/hikashoppayment/paypal/paypal_end.php and change the line:

<form id="hikashop_paypal_form" name="hikashop_paypal_form" action="<?php echo $method->payment_params->url;?>" method="post">

to:
<form id="hikashop_paypal_form" name="hikashop_paypal_form" action="<?php echo $method->payment_params->url;?>" method="post" target="_blank">

That way PayPal payment gateway will open on a new page and you should not have iframe issues.

11 years 1 month ago #91048

But off cause, thanks, that works.
Many many thanks!

Practice makes perfect

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds