Upgrade to bussines give problem with template

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 1 month ago #95685

Hi,
today i buyed the business version and upgraded from my essential version.
In my front end site i use two templates, one ( predefined) for a lot of part of my site, and a second one just for some pages.
After the upgrade to business version i can not use the second template, all the pages of my site are with the predefined template.
If i downgrade to the old essential version i can use the two templates fine, just like i wish them.
What can i do?
Now i stay with the essential version without upgrade to business.
Help

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by lacasetta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
11 years 1 month ago #95700

Hi,

The Essential edition and the Business edition work the same in that respect.

Did you already used the latest version of HikaShop ? Maybe the change in behavior comes from the fact that you were using a previous version of HikaShop ?

11 years 1 month ago #95718

Hi Nicolas,
I have the essential version 2.0.0.
But now i'm not be able to upgrade the essential version before i change to business.
Your system give me only the business version.

Also i notice a second issue: the hikashop-menu-for-categories-listing don't work; i have a empty page.

I was forced to restore my site by a backup of Akeeba.
At the moment i have the essential version 2.0.0 perfectly working.

What I can do?

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 1 month ago #95753

And have you tried to set again the templates parameters after upgrading HikaShop ?

11 years 1 month ago #95765

If you mean after upgrading to hikashop business, yes!
All the templete parameters was fine.
I'd like to give you notice that when i downgraded to the essential 2.0.0 the two templates worked fine togheter.
I tried to upgraded to business version one more time and again come back the problems.
So now i'm with essential 2.0.0 and it is fine.
????

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

11 years 1 month ago #95915

We would have to look at the website with the issue.

Would it be possible for you to create a copy of your website and do the upgrade only in the copy and give us a backend and FTP access to it ?

11 years 1 month ago #95979

Hi,
done it.
original site is: www.lacasettabio.it
copy site for test: www.gmonamour.netsons.org/

second template page original site with essential version: www.lacasettabio.it/stazione-meteo
second template page copy site upgraded with business versio: www.gmonamour.netsons.org/stazione-meteo

I'll send you the access for the test site you can do everyting without problem.

P.S.: i sent the access to Nicolas

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

11 years 1 month ago #96011

Hi,

The user access that you provided for your test website doesn't work.

Could you also provide a FTP access to the website ?

11 years 1 month ago #96059

You're right.
You were a registered user.
Now you are an administrator user.
Excuse me; please try again!
Thanks

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 1 month ago #96147

I ran into this problem today as well :) ended up finding the culprit to be the Hikashop affiliate plugin which is enabled by default.

That plugin calls around some functions at a too early state before the active menu item has been loaded, and then caches the default template so it will never figure that the menu item has a different style.

The problem is a call to JSite::getTemplate() before the $app->route() function has been run.

The affiliate plugin for some reason is set to run the onAfterRoute function in the onAfterInitialise function by default.

If you do not use the affiliate plugin a quick fix is to simply disable it :)

11 years 1 month ago #96166

jesper wrote: I ran into this problem today as well :) ended up finding the culprit to be the Hikashop affiliate plugin which is enabled by default.

That plugin calls around some functions at a too early state before the active menu item has been loaded, and then caches the default template so it will never figure that the menu item has a different style.

The problem is a call to JSite::getTemplate() before the $app->route() function has been run.

The affiliate plugin for some reason is set to run the onAfterRoute function in the onAfterInitialise function by default.

If you do not use the affiliate plugin a quick fix is to simply disable it :)

Yes!
I confirm: without the affiliate plugin the issue disappears.

But when i would like to use it?

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

11 years 1 month ago #96179

I haven't looked into how to solve the problem... It might solve it simply to go to the plugin settings and switch the radio button from yes to no.

Otherwise we probably have to wait until Hikari solves the problem and makes a bugfix release.

11 years 4 weeks ago #96227

Yes, that's indeed the issue.
You simply need to turn off the "after initialization" option of the affiliate plugin.

In most cases, it is preferable to have that option turned on for the affiliate plugin because otherwise the affiliation system doesn't work but in some cases it can create that issue and you need to turn it off.
It depends on how your joomla website is setup actually so we can't fix that and that's why we have that option in the plugin.

11 years 4 weeks ago #96240

Ok,
but i did not understand if, with the plugin off, i can use the affiliate program or if i have to wait your next release

my site with Hikashop
www.lacasettabio.it

11 years 4 weeks ago #96263

It's not the plugin that you need to turn off but the "after initialization" option of the affiliate plugin.
And yes, you can still use the affiliate program with that option turned off.
The next release won't change anything as it is not a bug in HikaShop.

11 years 4 weeks ago #96272

Well I guess that's a question of definition... the getTemplate function is not meant to be run before the routing, as there is no way to know about the active menu item before the routing is run... if it were to be classified as a Joomla problem they would have to remove the caching of the template, which I do not see as the most reasonable option at all... And then the Hikashop function calling the getTemplate function will still get the wrong response...

What kind of functionality do you get from turning the after initialization option on in the plugin?

11 years 4 weeks ago #96281

There is no getTemplate function called by the affiliate plugin.

The fact that the getTemplate function is called may come from the loading of the HikaShop main helper class which is needed by the affiliate plugin to use Hikashop functions and which has to use some parts of the Joomla API which might call getTemplate at some point of their own initialization. But there is no direct call from the Affiliate plugin nor from HikaShop as we don't need to know the current template at that point.

Turning on the "after initialization" option allows the affiliate plugin to run before the routing and the SEF system of Joomla/3rd parties SEF systems as with some configurations, the partner_id is removed from the URL during the routing and thus the affiliate plugin cannot handle the affiliation. That's why it is activated by default. And that option is there so that the plugin can instead run after the routing in such cases where that creates an issue (which normally it does not).

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds