How do Affiliates get paid?

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 months ago #134845

www.mymaninchampagne.com/shop
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.4

I apologize in advance for this basic question, but how does the payments work for affiliates?

I assume the email entered at Components > Hikashop > Affiliates > Partners > edit screen of affiliate > Payment e-mail address is the PayPal account of the affiliate?

How is the affiliate commission deducted? Is it a separate payment from the Sellers PayPal a/c to the Affiliates?

I have tried to make this work on the PayPal sandbox environment using separate PayPal a/c for the Seller and Affiliate but I get 'Not paid' in my Affiliates Sales page.

I also do not see any payments made from the Seller PayPal a/c or payments received in the Affiliates PayPal a/c (all on Sandobx)

Is there anywhere else that needs to be checked?

Also, Is there a method to manually 'pay' affiliates if things go wrong?

Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Champagneman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #134925

Another question regarding affiliate set-up.

I have my affiliate set up with an email address (1) and set to receive system emails in Joomla User Management.

In Hikashop > Affiliates > Partners > User management he has email address (1) and also another email address in the Payment e-mail address field - this is a PayPal sandbox a/c address.

Is it OK to have separate email address like this - or do they need to be the same?

I am finding that although Affiliate sales are being tracked, nothing is being paid to the affiliate and he is not receiving any notifications to his email address (1)

Can you please help me to get this working?

10 years 3 months ago #134931

:blush:
I managed to figure this out - it was silly of me, I didn't see the icon in the Affiliates > Partners > User section to pay the affiliate through PayPal or manually!

Is there any documentation for this section? I was not able to find it.

Here is the icon you need to click to pay affiliates:

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Champagneman.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 3 months ago #134945

Hi,

Thanks to have post this screenshot.
I don't think that there is specific documentation about how to pay the affiliates.
We have so much features that's why sometimes some documentation is missing ;)

10 years 3 months ago #135320

I love Hikashop - it can do everything most people want from a shopping cart and it is a pleasure to use.

However, the lack of documentations sometimes drives me to despair - I know it is all possible but I just can't find how to do it.

You are right, it has many features now, and many possible scenarios are covered - such the may ways Shipping tax can be calculated for example.

But I think just documenting what each data field does on each section of the application is not enough now.

There needs to be documentation/tutorials that link the sections required to perform common tasks - for example:
manual shipping with shipping zones and shipping tax, or
the process of creating an affiliate, creating banners, tracking sales and paying commission.

May need to hire someone to start adding this type of documentation, it would be a huge boost to the product and it will save users many hours of finding how to configure one area and then finding things are not working because there is another area that needs to be configured &etc.

Saying all this, I will still champion Hikashop and the amazing support team.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 3 months ago #135383

Thank you for your feedback.
We keep improving the documentation, but it's not an easy task :)

10 years 2 months ago #141321

Is it possible to have the affiliate paid automatically?

10 years 2 months ago #141335

There is no option for that.

• Thank you received: 7
5 years 11 months ago #291152

Although this thread is four years old there still doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to pay affiliates. The dollar sign icon next to the amount due just doesn't communicate that this is the "pay now" button. Now trying to work that out by trial and error, not ideal

My client, who has asked me this question as he needs to pay an affiliate, has also commented that he finds "the backend almost unpenetrable"

Ian

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by iedwards.

• Thank you received: 7
5 years 11 months ago #291154

And so as you don't think all I do is complain, here are some instructions for paying affiliates, this is how I do it anyway.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

After compiling the above - at the end of the process Hikashop sends an order email with the amount being paid, this is completely confusing!

Ian

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by iedwards.

5 years 11 months ago #291167

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
We'll work on improving the affiliate interface there for the next release based on that.

• Thank you received: 22
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Multisite
3 years 4 months ago #325763

Hi Support,

If we want to pay via paypal, we get the message "Payment methode not found". We don't use a PayPal account on our webshop because of the costs. But we do want to use paypal for the payment for Affliliates.

Qustion: Which of the 5 PaPpal payment methods should we use and how can we use it on the back-end and keep it hidden from payments in the webshop on the frontend?

Hope to here from you.

Kind regards,
Lumiga

Kind regards,
Lumiga

3 years 4 months ago #325767

Hi,

You need to configure a payment method for the normal PayPal payment plugin
You can use its "access level" setting to restrict it to only super users so that your customers won't be able to use it on your checkout while you'll still be able to use it for the affiliates.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lumiga

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds