tracking Affiliate Sales

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 1 month ago #142885

Hi,
I am using current business edition. I am trying to figure out how to track the affilliate sales for partners.

Currently when a customer purchases a product for the affilliate, I do not see a note on the orders that shows that the affilliate did the referral.

Thanks,
Charles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
10 years 1 month ago #142985

Hi,

If you edit the order in the backend, you should see a "affiliate" section with the information on the affiliation.
Also, if you go in the menu Affiliate>Sales, you'll see a listing of all the orders with affiliation.
And finally, if you edit a partner via the menu Affiliate>Partners and click on the sales icon, you'll see a list of the affiliation sales of that partner.

The following user(s) said Thank You: fan4chevy

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #161972

I had a customer click an affiliate link and the sale has gone through but the sale is not showing up under the affiliate ID. Also, in order for the customer to make a purchase they have to be a registered user. If they are not registered they will be redirected to another link, and then they can make a purchase. Does that have something to do with it? Overall, why isn't the sale showing up?

9 years 9 months ago #162035

Hi,

You say that they are redirected to another link ? What do you mean by that ? A link on another website ?
The affiliate is valid only for the website of the link of the affiliation. If you change the website, it could explain why the affiliation is not taken into account.
For example, if your affiliate link is for mywebsite.com but that you redirect to www.mywebsite.com without keeping the affiliate partner_id parameter in the URL the affiliation tracking will be lost in the process.

9 years 7 months ago #166581

Hi,

Would affiliate sales not come through if they are clicking on a link that starts with https but then takes the to a http page?

Affiliates are saying some of their sales aren't coming through, is it because one of my banners and the link start with https?

9 years 7 months ago #166594

Hi,

It depends on how the redirection to http is done. If you still see the partner_id parameter in the URL of the address bar after the redirection, the system will take it into account, but if the redirection removed the parameter, it won't be able to.

9 years 7 months ago #166671

9 years 7 months ago #166715

Hi,

I checked the code of the plugin and it won't be a problem.

9 years 7 months ago #166758

Ok great, thanks Nicolas.

Affiliates are telling us that the clicks are showing up on their account, but the sales aren't going through. How would I trouble shoot this?

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Bugger101.

9 years 7 months ago #166761

Your link has a partner_id at 0. You need to have the id of the partner in the partner_id of the URLs or it won't record the affiliation.

9 years 7 months ago #166799

Yes I understand that, I didn't want to post the affiliates link on a public forum :)

9 years 7 months ago #166827

If the partner_id is probably provided in the link to your website and that the click is registered, then, the order will be taken into account too.
There are several cases where it wouldn't:
- If the user uses another browser for the purchase (for example, one browser to access the website, and when activating the account via the activation link of the notification email, he opens it with another browser).
- if the user click on the link but then only make the purchase after the delay configured in the Affiliates configuration.
- if the user clears his cookies after clicking on the link
- if there are no fees for sales in the options of the Affiliates configuration
- if the orders are not confirmed
- if the affiliate plugin's access is not "public".

7 years 7 months ago #246705

Hello,

We just noticed that one of our affiliates within Hikashop is able to order with her affiliate account and get commission. Please advise as to how we can fix this loophole. So that only other customers who use her link/code she will obtain commission on their orders and not on her own personal orders.

Also, when we were trying to figure it out on our own we noticed "No affiliation if cart present" in configuration - Can you explain what this means?

7 years 7 months ago #246730

Hi,

You must have the option "No self affiliation" turned off in the Affiliates section of the HikaShop configuration.

I invite you to read the documentation regarding the affiliate settings:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...l#features_affiliate
Everything is explained there.

7 years 7 months ago #246829

Thank you.

Unfortunately, we noticed that this option is not made available on our current live site, which is an older version of Joomla. We are in the process of upgrading our new website and see that the option is available on our test site. Because we will be upgrading from our current site soon, we don't want to upgrade it. So is there any other alternative to fix this issue on our current live site that does not give such option without upgrading?

7 years 7 months ago #246857

Hi,

It would require copying the necessary code from the plugin in plugins/system/hikashopaffiliate/hikashopaffiliate.php
But the modification will depend on the version of HikaShop you're using so I can't say exactly.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds