Drop down menu appears for no reason.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 days ago #99095

I'm using the latest version of Hikashop Business & Joomla 3 Protostar template.

Whenever I add a hika menu item to my main menu, a dropdown menu appears at the top of the page (when I go to certain pages only, like the Edit Profile page). I can only assume that something in the Hika CSS is taking my current main menu and converting it to a dropdown in order to make it bootstrappable. I don't want this since I am using a custom bootstrappable menu and end up with duplicat menus. How do I disable thie dropdown menu from appearing?

It seems to have a "chzn" class, and even though I disable that in the protostar template it still shows up. Do I need to look into the Hika css in order to disable this thing?

I've also tried specifying no bootstrap in the Hika configuration, but it still shows up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 days ago #99099

Ok, I found it in /media/jui/css/chosen.css . The class is ".chzn-container". I added "display: none;" to make that dropdown menu disappear. Still not sure why it appears only when I have hikashop modules enabled.

I'm assuming this is something built into J3 as a bootstrap menu? I'm using a different module/menu with it's own dropdown feature. If someone can shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated. I've disabled the entire class so, hopefully it won't cause any other problems.

• Thank you received: 13062
11 years 3 days ago #99117

Hi,

There is no direct option to deactivate chosen. However, there is a hidden option for that.
Run the query below in your phpmyadmin and that will deactivate chosen on the frontend:
INSERT INTO #__hikashop_config (config_namekey, config_value) VALUES ('bootstrap_forcechosen',0);

(make sure you replace #__ with your table prefix)

11 years 3 days ago #99242

If this does not work, how do I reverse it???

11 years 3 days ago #99261

It will work.

11 years 3 days ago #99275

I ran the query. I went into PHPMyadmin under the SQL tab and ran that query. Said successful.

ALL my drop down boxes in the backend now do not show. All the dropdown selection boxes for the settings of articles, modules and everything else don't show at all. What should I do now?

It did disable the "chosen" dropdown menu on the front end but it also disabled all my backend dropdown fields used for the settings of articles and filtering of items etc. Not a good thing at all.

Last edit: 11 years 3 days ago by goloon.

11 years 3 days ago #99279

See attached.

Attachments:

11 years 2 days ago #99283

Oooops. Sorry Nicolas. Your solution worked perfect. The reason I wasnt seeing the dropdowns was because I modified the chosen css to be display none, which apparently effects the backend as well. Thanks for your help. All is good now.

Last edit: 11 years 2 days ago by goloon.

10 years 9 months ago #110398

When I run this on the latest version of Hikashop I get the following error:

"#1062 - Duplicate entry 'bootstrap_forcechosen' for key 'PRIMARY'"

What should I do?

10 years 9 months ago #110401

There is now an option in the Display tab of the configuration to deactivate the chosen library. No need to run the query anymore.

The following user(s) said Thank You: goloon

10 years 9 months ago #110402

Excellent. Thanks for the quick response.

I have now used that option to disable chosen and it works great.

I did however run the query earlier and got that error. Me running the query did not do any damage did it?

10 years 9 months ago #110403

No problem.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds