Duplicate Address form when adding New

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7095

Hi,

I see a duplicate address form when adding new address on checkout. I tried to replicate it on demo site but doesn't happen there. I am using Joomla 1.6 and demo is on 1.5 so don't know whether that is an issue or whether issue is from my side. below is a picture of what I'm seeing when I click New to add new address:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #7096

It could be because of your template which tries to override the modal box of joomla.
I recall that another user using a rock(something) had a similar problem.
Is that the case on your website ?

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7097

I don't think that was the issue but the thread you are referring to did help me find the answer. the code for the NEW button was originally:

<span id="hikashop_checkout_<?php echo $this->type;?>_address_new" class="hikashop_checkout_<?php echo $this->type;?>_address_new">
<a class="modal" id="hikashop_checkout_<?php echo $this->type;?>_address_new_link" rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 450, y: 480}}" href="<?php echo hikashop::completeLink('address&redirect=checkout&task=add&step='.$this->step,true);?>" onclick="SqueezeBox.fromElement(this,{parse: 'rel'});return false;">
<?php echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('NEW'),'new',$this->params,'','var link = document.getElementById(\'hikashop_checkout_'. $this->type.'_address_new_link\'); if(link) SqueezeBox.fromElement(link,{parse: \'rel\'});return false;'); ?>
</a>
</span>

I had a look at the Edit button to try and find out what was different and I noticed it had no id= but rather class= whatever with a space in between and then the content from id so I changed the new button to be the same and it works now:

<span id="hikashop_checkout_<?php echo $this->type;?>_address_new" class="hikashop_checkout_<?php echo $this->type;?>_address_new">
<a class="modal hikashop_checkout_<?php echo $this->type;?>_address_new_link" rel="{handler: 'iframe', size: {x: 450, y: 480}}" href="<?php echo hikashop::completeLink('address&redirect=checkout&task=add&step='.$this->step,true);?>" onclick="SqueezeBox.fromElement(this,{parse: 'rel'});return false;">
<?php echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('NEW'),'new',$this->params,'','var link = document.getElementById(\'hikashop_checkout_'. $this->type.'_address_new_link\'); if(link) SqueezeBox.fromElement(link,{parse: \'rel\'});return false;'); ?>
</a>
</span>

I hope what i've done will not break anything else?

• Thank you received: 13062
13 years 2 months ago #7127

We'll remove the class="modal" from that link in next release as we were able to reproduce the problem on our end with joomla 1.6

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds