Email validation not working

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #8465

I am using the starter kit and after someone registers and creates a Username/password their confirmation email is never sent to them. Can you tell me whats going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
13 years 2 months ago #8470

Are other emails sent to the user ? If not, then, it's likely to be a problem of configuration of your emails settings in the joomla configuration.
If yes, could you give us the URL of your shop so that we can test that ?

13 years 2 months ago #8473

the only emails that are sent to the customer are ones regarding their purchase.

here is our website www.mortgagefreedomgroup.com

thanks for your help
ashley

13 years 2 months ago #8476

I just tried to register a new account via the checkout on your website and I got the email.

12 years 8 months ago #23359

Greetings I have the exact same problem! Regular Joomla registration works just fine, but when registering using the checkout the email is never received by the user though all information is correctly added to the userlist.

I think I'll have to find a way to eliminate your register feature :(

12 years 8 months ago #23360

site is portugalmistico.com btw

12 years 8 months ago #23392

I tried on your website and indeed had the problem you're describing.
It means that the problem comes from your email server rejecting the HikaShop activation email because of some setting in the Mail tab of the configuration of HikaShop. Please check these settings and try to change them and test if it works.
For example, some email servers, only accept a limited number of charsets, so you might want to try to change the charset of your hikashop emails to one of the charsets supported by your email server. You might want to ask your email provider what could be the problem in the mail configuration you have in HikaShop.

You have other solutions:
you could just turn off the activation of user accounts in joomla. That way, users will be able to continue the checkout without having to activate their account.
You could set the registration option to "no registration" in the tab checkout of the configuration of HikaShop. That will remove the joomla user account creation during the checkout.

12 years 8 months ago #23431

Thanks for your help... made some changes to the hikashop email configuration and it worked!

Kudos!

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds