Cart error on cancellation of payment

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #18928

Hello

using 1.5.1 There seems be a bug which occurs under the following condition:

1. Customer adds to cart
2. Customer initiates checkout, chooses for example PayPal
3. Transfers to PayPal payment page, then CANCELS payment and returns to Hikashop
4. Cart now shows EMPTY (first problem as this should not empty cart as customer may only want to change payment method)
5. Customer now goes to product page and ADDS product to cart
6. Message pops up "Cart Empty" and no matter how many times you now try to "Add to Cart" the cart remains empty.

If customer logs out and back in, then suddenly the cart is still empty, but if customer now ADDS to cart, the resultant cart suddenly has the products just added, plus the ones added before logging out (but which did not show in the cart then).

Any pointers?

Thanks

Cliff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
12 years 9 months ago #18933

4. It's not a bug. It's just how it's done : www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...ing-with-paypal.html

6. That's indeed not normal. It seems to be related to a session problem or a cache problem. Please change the session handler in your joomla configuration and turn of the cache there. Also, please unpublish the cache plugin in the plugins manager of joomla and try again.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #18951

Nicolas

Re #4, I'm not sure that I was clear, if it is as you say, then there is a fundamental logic flaw in the way this is done! I will explain in detail on the other thread that you mention ( www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/2-gene...ing-with-paypal.html )

Cheers

Cliff

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds