Payment selection = unwanted checkout

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #165012

-- HikaShop version Business: 2.3.2

Hi,

when i select a Payment Methode a Message displays: "Terms and Conditions"
And when i first accept the Terms & Conditions and after that i select the Payment, than the purchase is done.

So the payment selection does the same like the "Buy now" Button.
How can i solve this?

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Peter B..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
9 years 8 months ago #165017

Hi,

You can turn off the "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection" option of the configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter B.

9 years 8 months ago #165095

Hi Nicolas,

thank you, now it works.
But what is the idea behind this Option? I never mind that there should be a possibility to make a buy without clicking the "Buy now" Button?

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 8 months ago #165104

Hello,

But what is the idea behind this Option? I never mind that there should be a possibility to make a buy without clicking the "Buy now" Button?

The "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection" option will just enable your customers to automatically confirm their payment/shipping method choices (so they won't have to click 2 times on the "next" or "finish" button), but on some websites that option seems to create some conflicts (your customers will automatically redirected to the next step).

9 years 8 months ago #165234

Hi Mohamed,

ok, i see. And this is my next Problem:
now the choosen payment and shipping Options are not shown bevore checkout,
also the Total Ammount is wrong, because Options are missing.

How to solve this?

Edit: ok, found out that i have to click "Buy now", the site loads new with correct Options and Prices, and i have to click "Buy now" one more time. Is there a Workaround, because this is not the best solution?

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Peter B..

9 years 8 months ago #165255

I have the same problem. Waiting for solution from developers ;)

9 years 8 months ago #165314

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean.
The total amount and the display of payment/shipping methods selection is not related to the option "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection".

If you want to have already the payment/shipping methods preselected on your checkout, the option "Auto select default shipping and payment methods" should be turned on as it is the case by default.

9 years 8 months ago #165373

Hi Nicolas,

normaly, and on the Hika Demo, when i change the shipping Methode, on bottom of checkout page it changes to:
you Chose the shipping Methode: xxx, also the Price for shipping and the Total changes correctly.
If "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection" is turned off, this does not work. So far so clear.
And if it´s turned on it´s a huge Problem, see entry post.

@ mavievs
Try this, sounds funny, makes no sense, but by playing around i dit it and since that it works so far:
In checkout configuration turn ON:
show Progressbar AND Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection
make a test in your checkout process
turn OFF Show Progressbar

since doing that it works for me.

9 years 8 months ago #165386

Right now on the Hika Shopdemo frontend the same happens like described in 1st post:
if Terms are accepted and you Chose a payment Methode you´ll get checked out without clicking the "Finish" button.

Thats scaring and definitly not ok.

9 years 8 months ago #165404

worked for you Peter B., bud did not for me :(

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by mavievs.

9 years 8 months ago #165448

Definitely a Bug.

Added 3 payment Options, when i Change the payment Option several times, sometimes on top of the page the message appears "please agree to our terms..." (means: checkout if Checkbox for Terms is clicked)
Strange: that happens even not always by the same payment Option, it changes.

Happens not if one is NOT logged in.

Try here
User: Tester1
Pass: test

9 years 8 months ago #165490

Dear Hika Team,

please try the following to see clearly what i mean:
On your frontend Demo on checkout page first write something into the required field "Additional information you would like us to know",
and after that change the payment methode to "Collect on delivery".
:(

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 8 months ago #165602

I'm having the same problem/concern. The Check Button Finish should be the final order step, but if you change from a payment method to Check as an example, it submits the form and completes the order..bypassing the Finish order process step (?)

EDIT: I think I understand now. If I turn off the auto submit (yes, as the Hikashop folks said earlier in the thread :unsure: ) then when you change the payment option from, say credit card to check, you must finalize the order (Finish button).

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by stratacorps. Reason: I understand now

9 years 8 months ago #165622

@Peter B. It's normal that you have that behavior on our demo website since the "auto submit" option of the configuration is turned on. It does what it says and auto submit the current step when you select a shipping/payment method.
If that's not what you want, then you should turn off that option.
It's just a matter of configuring the checkout and the settings like you want.
Usually with auto submit and several shipping/payment methods, it would be clearer to have several steps in your checkout so that you don't submit the Terms & conditions and the custom order fields at the same time as the selection of the shipping/payment methods and that you get a final review screen with the cart_status, status views so that the user can confirm his order before finalizing it.

@stratacorps Yes, exactly. In that case, you get one click on the button to validate the payment/shipping selection, and a second one to process the order.

9 years 8 months ago #165652

stratacorps wrote: EDIT: I think I understand now. If I turn off the auto submit (yes, as the Hikashop folks said earlier in the thread :unsure: ) then when you change the payment option from, say credit card to check, you must finalize the order (Finish button).

so far so bad. If you disable "auto submit" on bottom of checkout page the chosen delivery and payment methodes won´t update automatically, also not the price for these options. Only if you click on "Finish" button, the site loads new with the correct informations and you have to click Finish again.
But who will click a "Finish" button as long the chosen methodes and their price is not shown?

9 years 8 months ago #165653

nicolas wrote: Usually with auto submit and several shipping/payment methods, it would be clearer to have several steps in your checkout so that you don't submit the Terms & conditions and the custom order fields at the same time as the selection of the shipping/payment methods and that you get a final review screen with the cart_status, status views so that the user can confirm his order before finalizing it.

Hi Nicolas,

is there a posibillity to have a checkout step by step. i.E. 1) Name & Adress >next , 2) payment & shipping >next , 3) Terms & conditions >finish

And please have another look at post #11 of this threat 2 days ago and try for yourself:
give something in the basket > go to checkout > Login > don´t agree Terms and chang the payment Methode several times (10 - 20x)
You will see that sometimes the message on top of the page appears, sometimes not. It´s random.
If message don´t appear, it would work as expected, but if message appears and the Terms would be accepted bevore, the order is finalized.

Edit:
figured out how to make a checkout step by step, now i understand the System in this Point and it works like a charm. :oops:

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Peter B.. Reason: I´m dump
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

9 years 8 months ago #165697

please where can i edit the German Translation for "cart status"?
Can´t find in the lang. file.

• Thank you received: 403
9 years 8 months ago #165699

Hi there,

I think you are looking for this one: HIKASHOP_CHECKOUT_CART_STATUS

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds