Billing and delivery address updates

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 6 months ago #176275

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.9
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi,

As an address selector in the back end I have the list at the moment.
When customer adds the address, both billing & delivery addresses are populated, if any updates to the address are made, both addresses are updated, where only one should change, that's very confusing as clearly you want to change only one of them? Any ideas?

Beforehand I had a Pop up as an address selector, but in the pop up the first field: "name" was missing, and the warning: "Please complete the Name field" showed up along with the name field and when you add it there it applies changes (all steps attached). Again both addresses change simultaneously.

Is there a way to change it, so only one, the selected one, gets updated?

Thanks,
Kashka

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 6 months ago #176278

Hi,

It's normal that both change at the same time since both are actually the same address which can be used both as the billing and a shipping address, and that's the case by default.
Next version will add the support of the "same address as billing" for the list selector. If you configure it like that, it should be a bit more clear for the user.

9 years 6 months ago #176520

Hi Nicolas,

That doesn't make any sense, what if the delivery address is different then billing, for example a present for somebody else? There is no way to do it, but it looks like you can, that may cause a lot of confusion, how do disable the billing address all together?

Thanks,
Kashka

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 6 months ago #176799

Hello Kashka,

That doesn't make any sense, what if the delivery address is different then billing,

Then you'll just have to edit your delivery address.
I just tested it on my end and when I edit my shipping address, it's only edit my shipping address and not my billing address.

9 years 5 months ago #177397

Hi Mohamed,

It doesn't work for me, when I edit delivery address, it changes both, which browser did you use? I used Safari and Firefox.

Plus when I submit the changes by clicking save it goes directly to the payment page without just accepting the changes so you can not verify the new address??

Thanks,
Kashka

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 5 months ago #177425

Hi,

It's probably a bug of an old version of HikaShop.
Mohamed must have tested on one of our test websites with the latest version.
Please update to the latest version of HikaShop and that should help.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds