Guest checkout prompts users to login

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #177404

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.mentalhelseungdom.no/nettbutikk/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.17

Hi guys,

I really hope you guys can help me out here. I've been looking all over for answer to my problem, both here and in the documentation and in the faqs. It just seems as though nothing fixes my problem.

I want to be able to have customers check out as guests and I configured everything as the docs said. As you can see from the screenshots everything seems fine there, but on checkout users are still prompted to log in. This gives the impression that you have to have an account and this will surely drive customers away from our charity.

If you guys have any solutions to this I'll be very happy.

Regards,
Adrian

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 5 months ago #177426

Hi,

I did a test on your website but I don't see any login form during the checkout:
take.ms/liJ8D
All I see is the form for the email address and the address of the user.
You sure can also remove the email field or the address fields but then you won't know the email address or the address of the customer and I guess that it's kind of important to notify him by email when his order status is updated and to know his address in order to send him his purchase.

9 years 5 months ago #177556

Hi,

Did you go any further than that? The login prompt comes when you hit next ("Neste") after the stage you attached a screenshot from. The problem still persists.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 5 months ago #177562

Hi,

I did not since you didn't specify that is was only happening after that but "on checkout".
Indeed, when you click on the next button you get prompted with a login form.
I think that it's because you configured a menu item in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration and that you configured that menu item's access option to be only for registered users via the Joomla menus manager.
Please check your menu items via the Joomla menus manager.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AdrianJLo

9 years 5 months ago #177598

Hi,

I'm sorry for being unclear, but it's nice to know you see the problem :)

As you can see from the first screenshot I provided the option for "Force an menu on the checkout" is set to "none", so I don't understand how a menu would cause this problem. I can provide you with access if that helps.

9 years 5 months ago #177602

Hi again,

You were right! I did some more checking in the Joomla menus and found a menu item that was for registered users only. It works fine now!
This raises another question: Is it impossible to have one open web store and one store for registered users only?

• Thank you received: 1778
9 years 5 months ago #177606

Hello,
Yes, you can eventually set the "Display method for registration" to Switcher and check the Registration and Guest checkbox.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds