Accounts

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 5 months ago #180741

-- url of the page with the problem -- : therefurbishedhome.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

While testing various changes to the check process I find that if I register at checkout, it remembers me even if I leave the site by closing the tab and re-enter the site. How can I go back to the online store as a new guest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 76
9 years 5 months ago #180762

User information are stored in the cookies.
You have to log out from the site or delete site cookies to appear as a new guest.
Alternatively you can open the site in new "Incognito window" in Chrome or use Private browsing in Firefox. Then all session data are deleted when you close this window.

• Thank you received: 13068
9 years 5 months ago #180768

Hi,

That's normal and it's not something of HikaShop. The Joomla login system uses a cookie on your web browser to keep you logged in for the time of the session lifetime that you configured in the Joomla configuration, after which you're automatically logged out as the cookie expires.
There is no system to know when a tab/the browser is closed, which is why most login system work like this.
If you want to logout of your website before the cookie expire, simply click on the log out button of the Joomla login module (you can activate it via the Joomla modules manager). You can also create a new menu item of the type "user logout" to have a link of your menu where you can click to get logged out.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds