Ship To - Paypal Address

• Thank you received: 37
  • Hikashop Business
9 years 4 months ago #183237

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ariesgamesandminis.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

All, as we all know currently HikaShop provides a spot to either select your billing address as the ship to address, or enter a new shipping address.

I was wondering if there is a way to, rather than give the options above, display in the Shipping Address section something to the effect of "Shipment will be sent to your confirmed PayPal address only".

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13058
9 years 4 months ago #183254

Hi,

There is no option for that. It would require to modify the file "address" of the view "checkout" to hide the shipping address selection and instead display that message. I guess that you would also want to modify the invoice and the emails to reflect that situation.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 4 months ago #183282

Crap...that's a little beyond my capabilities I think as I'm still just learning. Do you think it's possible that this could be a feature in a future release? Several other sites have something similar to this.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 4 months ago #183296

Hi,

No need.
In the shipping method configuration ; you can override the shipping address and place whatever you want into.
Nothing link to the payment (paypal) but to the shipping methods ; because it's shipping related.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragon41673

• Hikashop Business
9 years 4 months ago #183385

Jerome...I will try to give this a shot tomorrow as I'm off to my day job & it's not going to be a fun day. I'll post here with what I find.

Thank you!

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #183628

Jerome, thank you...that did the trick!!!

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #183969

Jerome,

While that trick did work...the first order I received through the site...has tax on it, but it is an out of state order. So I'm guessing it's because tax is assessed based on the shipping address entry correct?

If so...how can I keep my working about the paypal confirmed shipping address while not causing tax to be taken from anyone outside of my home state?

Thank you

9 years 3 months ago #184015

Hi,

I don't see how that's logically possible:
You want HikaShop to apply taxes during the checkout based on the shipping address of the customer which he has now to enter during the payment on PayPal, after the checkout.
You can have HikaShop base itself on the billing address with the "Type of address used for tax" option of the configuration set to billing, or you can also deactivate the tax rules under the menu System>Taxes, and configure taxes in PayPal but then you'll have to change the code of the PayPal plugin as the amount paid by the user will be different than the amount of the order and thus HikaShop will reject the payment notification as fraudulent.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #184016

Ugh...Nicolas, thank you. I didn't even think to look in the "Configuration" settings for how the tax is applied to the address (either billing or shipping). I've got it set to billing now.

Thank you very much for the help! Hope you, and Jerome have a wonderful Christmas & a great New Year!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #184025

Ok...although that worked for the "tax" section...the shipping charges are still being taxed. This time I checked around at everything I could think of, and I cannot find a setting to change tax collection to only happen on Wisconsin address'.

Any thoughts?

9 years 3 months ago #184052

Hi,

If shipping is taxed, it means that you selected a "tax category" in the options of your shipping method.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #184060

Ah, ok, that makes sense then...

The only selections I have are "Default Tax Category" and "No". Being that I would set it to "No", that will correct the issue with taxing the shipping no matter where they are...but won't this cause no tax to be collected on the shipping for an in-state purchase?

If so...is there any way to make it collect tax on any in-state purchase for the shipping or no? If not...it's not a huge deal, in 2.5 years I think I've only had 2 or 3 sales in state. Most of what I do is out of state, Canada, Europe, and some South America.

9 years 3 months ago #184124

The same tax rules apply to the products and the shipping methods.
So if you configured your tax rules to apply your tax rate only to in-state purchases, it will be so for the products, but also for the shipping methods, provided that their tax category correspond to the tax category selected in the tax rules.

• Hikashop Business
9 years 3 months ago #184148

That's what I figured...thanks for the confirmation Nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds