Cart caching issues

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 1 month ago #192599

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 36.0.1985

I've read numerous threads on problems with adjusting quantities in the cart, or clearing the cart. It seems the suggested solution is to disable caching. Surely there's a different solution - to disable caching would slow my site down significantly, and is not an option.

Is it possible to somehow isolate hikashop caching, or is there another improved solution.

Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 1 month ago #192606

mterry2 wrote: ... to disable caching ... is not an option.

Well, any e-commerce will have difficulties with caching the complete site. So, disabling it for at least the shop parts, or enabling it for only the other parts, must be an option.

If, in the long run, you don't want to disable the cache completely, but for the shop only, then go back to the threads you found: there are sometimes cache extensions mentioned providing you a more fin-grained selection of what is to be cached and what not.
Sorry, but until then you will continue having problems unless you disabled the Joomla cache completely.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: mterry2, anette.gravg

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 1 month ago #192612

Hi,

Using caching is not a problem as long as you don't cache the cart/checkout.
Unfortunately, Joomla's caching doesn't allow for that. So just used a more fine grained caching tool like for example jotcache where you can tell it to not cache the cart module and the checkout pages.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mterry2, anette.gravg

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds