Product added to cart popup.

• Thank you received: 7
8 years 10 months ago #206200

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : n/a

The implementation of the "Product added to cart" popup is awful, I don't know where to start.

• Out of the box with my template the popup displays with a vertical scrollbar and clips the bottom of the buttons I've found a thread where this was mentioned two years ago but doesn't seem to have been resolved without hacking a core file. EDIT the clipping occurs in Firefox but doesn't seem to occur with Chrome
  • The popup effectively opens a full joomla page with all the header contents etc and so is quite slow to load.
  • I would expect it to tell you which product had been added to the cart (isn't that the point of it, to confirm what the customer has just done?)
  • It doesn't actually look very nice.
  • It's not responsive and for some bizarre reason on a smaller screen (phone or tablet) it fills the full screen.

I have tried switching the popup off but then there is no message at all, I thought I might get a normal system message but this isn't generated.

I realise some of this may be down to my template, but popups are used elsewhere on my site without problems

I had thought my shop was pretty much ready to go at the start of this week but now more irritating snags to sort out.

Regards,

Ian

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by iedwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
8 years 10 months ago #206211

Hi,

- To avoid the scrollbar in the popup, you can change the size of the popup via Configuration > Main > Cart "Add to cart popup size".

- Please give us a link to your website to check what's happening. Do you have edited the view "checkout / notice" ?
And increase the popup duration time, it will be easier for us to check.

- This will require the edition of the view "checkout / notice", and potentially get the cart content and display the latest added product.

- www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html

- Using media queries will allow you to have a better responsive design.

The following user(s) said Thank You: iedwards

• Thank you received: 7
8 years 10 months ago #206585

Hi Xavier,

Thanks, I hadn't spotted that configuration setting.

No I haven't edited the view checkout notice, I'll investigate that.

The site is on it's live server waiting to switch DNS from an existing site, I am accessing it via an over ride in my hosts file. I can live with it for now and will update this post when it's live.

I've used media queries extensively elsewhere, just wasn't expecting a simple popup to be a problem.

Thanks,

Ian

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds