checkout, coupon behiviour

• Thank you received: 114
7 years 10 months ago #238817

Hi,

I have checkout steps set like this: login, adress, shipping, payment, cart, end
I have 2 manual shipping methods. First cost 1.49eur if orders is 19.99eur or less, second is free shipping if orders is more when 20 eur. Everything loads fine except when using coupon code.

Lets say I add product for 15eur, in the cart view I have coupon view. Entering discount for -30% will give discount. All Ok.
But if user decides to add 1 more product for 5eur or more and going again through all steps in shipping method selection there is same shipping method for 1.49eur and no free shipping. Without coupon all works fine. It seems coupon stays in user session and gives troubles for auto load shipping method restriction...
Anyway to fix it? I tried to change checkout workflow but it made no difference.

Thanks

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by kyratn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 10 months ago #238842

Hi,

The coupon indeed stays in the session unless its conditions are not matched anymore or you remove it or you finish the order.
The shipping price restrictions can base themselves on the price of the products without the coupon or with it based on how you configured the "include virtual products prices" setting of your shipping methods because a coupon is considered as a virtual product.

7 years 10 months ago #238868

Hi,

I cant get it....So if I disable "include virtual products prices" on both payment methods, free shipping doesn't work...Adding anything above 20eur It will show shipping method with cost of 1.49eur and shipping method with free shipping wont show up. So how this can be configured?
Its like I should choose one of two possibilities. Use coupon as it should and no free shipping. Or have free shipping but with wrong checkout coupon behaviour....

Thanks

7 years 10 months ago #238887

Hi,

It probably means that you didn't set a weight in your products.
In that case, the products are also regarded as virtual goods.

7 years 10 months ago #238897

Ah. I see now.
Is there a way to add weight to all products with mass action and maybe have 1 same weight by defaultvwhen creating product? So i wont need to enter it.

Thanks

7 years 10 months ago #238913

Hi,

Yes, you can use mass actions to do that.
You can use the "after a product is created" trigger, and the action "update the values" with the product_weight column and the value 1 in your mass action.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds