No emails being sent

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 10 months ago #240378

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.digitalguarddawg.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.5
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Everything used to work fine, but now, all emails have stopped going to customers. I have every email on bar 2, but customers are complaining there's no receipt being sent. I checked in the client's email logs and confirm nothing has been sent to anyone by HS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 10 months ago #240421

Hi,

I've just done a test on your website and I got the email:
take.ms/MRjP5
So the problem must be that the email went in the spam folder of your customers.

7 years 10 months ago #240452

Thanks for checking Nicolas. I had the Order Creation Notification and Order Status Notification emails set to unpublished previously. Prior to posting this thread I turned them back on. Would that have been the cause of it?

Otherwise I'm kind of stumped. They aren't going to spam as I have confirmed no email was ever sent (I looked through the mail sent logs). So, if it's not those emails being off, I cannot explain how you successfully got an email and everyone else didn't!

Cheers.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 10 months ago #240462

Hello,

Thanks for checking Nicolas. I had the Order Creation Notification and Order Status Notification emails set to unpublished previously. Prior to posting this thread I turned them back on. Would that have been the cause of it?

Yes,when you unpublish an email then it won't be sent anymore so that's probably the cause of it.

7 years 10 months ago #240625

It seems not. After Nicolas did his test and I saw the email sent to my client, there were 2 more purchases. One with a Gmail address and one with a flash.net address.

I see the email for the Gmail order sent correctly. The other did NOT send.

7 years 10 months ago #240628

Hi,

It does. The emails have to be enabled or they won't be sent.
If you disable them, your customers won't get them, none of them.
But the fact that the emails are enabled doesn't mean that the emails will be sent and received all the time for everyone. There are other factors.

So you say that the way it is setup now, one customer received the email and not the other one ?
How do you know ? Is it because the customer told you ? Or because you didn't see it in the Email history of HikaShop ?
Check that the emails are in the Email history (menu Users>Email history). If you see it there, it means that the email has been sent by HikaShop. If the customer didn't receive it, it means that either the email server couldn't send/receive it or that it went in the spam folder.
If it's the spam folder, then you need to check your emails with mail-tester.com
If it's an email server issue, you need to seek help with your hosting company. Provide screenshots of the settings of the email section of Joomla and of the email detail screen in the Email history of HikaShop and ask them to check their email log for that email because the recipient didn't receive it. They should be able to tell yuo what's going on.

7 years 10 months ago #240721

Thanks Nicolas

Didn't know there was this log - very handy.

Unfortunately (for you) it confirms my original notion that HS is NOT sending all emails. This includes emails to the person ordering AND to my client.

I have seen a common thread though. ALL the missed emails used a credit card as opposed to PayPal (client uses PayPal as his processor). Since turning back on Order Creation Notification and Order Status Notification the emails have restarted for PayPal orders, but not where they use a credit card through PayPal.

I have PM'd you the login and FTP details.

7 years 10 months ago #240741

Hi,

How about turning off the "Order notification" setting of the PayPal Pro payment method ? Does it help ?

7 years 10 months ago #240774

No difference. Still no emails generated.

7 years 10 months ago #240795

Hi,

Could you provide a way to reproduce the problem on your website without having to use real credit cards ?
Also, I tried to access your cpanel to debug the files but there is an htaccess for which you didn't provide the access information so I couldn't do it.

7 years 10 months ago #241013

Hi Nicolas

I can set up a coupon for you to use, so you won't pay more than a few cents. I'm really not sure what you mean by the cPanel problem.

7 years 9 months ago #241612

I now have an extremely angry client because the product he paid for is not working and I'm caught in the middle. It's nearly a week since I sent a reply and I have heard nothing.

By logging in the backend you can see credit card orders and tally them up to the total lack of emails sent in the log.

7 years 9 months ago #241873

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Firstly, can you remove your email customization via "Hikashop->System->Emails" (remember to backup your modifications before removing them) and try it again ?

Thank you.

7 years 9 months ago #241926

OK. I didn't have a list of the changes I'd made so I just copied all 3 options for each email shown as modified into text files for later. Then I did a fresh install of HS Business on a dummy site, then copied over the email code into the modified emails on the target site.

I'll let you know if that changes anything.

7 years 9 months ago #242715

Finally got a credit card order today (everything has been PayPal for the last week or so). Emails did NOT send despite removing the mods I did.

7 years 9 months ago #242884

I'm caught in the middle here, so please help me out. I have a furious client, and I'm spending time cutting and pasting order details into emails to keep him up to speed.

I need this sorted please.

7 years 9 months ago #243359

It's now nearly a week since I advised that emails are STILL not being sent even with non-modified email templates. I am now facing a bunch of work which I cannot charge for moving the client to a different shop that actually sends emails after a purchase.

It would be nice just to get some acknowledgement that you've even read this thread recently. Ignoring your customers is not good business. It makes them leave.

7 years 9 months ago #243527

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, the problem is that no matter how we test it on our end we didn't succeed to reproduce it on our end, so can you edit the "paypalpro.php" file of your PayPal pro payment plugin and change these lines :

if(!empty($this->transaction_id)){
	$email = new stdClass();
By :
if(!empty($this->transaction_id)){
	$do = true;
	$email = new stdClass();

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 9 months ago #243541

Thanks for the reply Mohamed

Code inserted. Will keep you posted.

7 years 9 months ago #243859

Still failing. No emails sent for credit card purchases. PayPal purchases generate emails however.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds