No emails being sent

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 9 months ago #244196

And, despite Debug being on, there is no log file (this is the PayPal Pro payment plugin). Perhaps there's a connection.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 9 months ago #244211

Hello,
No matter how I test it, It's working fine on my end, so can you make sure that you correctly have your "onOrderCreation" emails while using other payment methods ?
If you correctly received your emails with other payment methods, can you test it again with the PayPayl pro payment method and then show us your PHP error log ?

Thank you !

Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 9 months ago #244223

The test I saw you do about a week ago was plain PayPal - this works. However, PayPal Pro does not (which he uses for Credit Cards).

Order Creation Notification is enabled under System | Emails. Under the plugin, I have "Send details of the order" and "Send Order ID" and "Order Notification" set to Yes. Debug is also set to yes, but, as I posted before, there is no error/activity log under the media directory as expected.

Which Error Log are you wanting and where will I find it please?

7 years 9 months ago #244233

I had client check with PayPal who are asking what the notification URL is. Obviously it will be www.digitalguarddawg.com , but is there anything after that?

7 years 9 months ago #244272

Hello,

The test I saw you do about a week ago was plain PayPal - this works. However, PayPal Pro does not (which he uses for Credit Cards).

I've done a lot of tests on my end and it worked fine, the order creation email was correctly sent when the order was created.
That's why I wanted you to check if you correctly have your "onOrderCreation" emails sent while using other payment methods, and if you correctly receive your emails with other payment methods, test it again with the PayPayl pro payment method and then show us your PHP error log ?

7 years 8 months ago #244347

Mohamed

Please read my last 2 posts. It answers your questions and asks another. Plain old PayPal sends email. PayPal Pro does not. I only saw one test purchase for you, hence my comment about you only testing plain PayPal, not Pro. I don't know what other tests you've done, but they aren't PP Pro purchases that show up in the orders anyway.

Again, there have been plenty of live "tests" with PP Pro as PP v PP Pro purchases are roughly 50/50. NO PP Pro purchase has sent an email to ANYONE - purchaser or my client. Further, as mentioned in my previous post, I don't know which log you want or where it is.

Further again, I asked for the notification URL that PayPal should reply to after a successful transaction. Their tech seemed to think that may be set incorrectly at their end.

7 years 8 months ago #244363

Hello,

I don't know what other tests you've done, but they aren't PP Pro purchases that show up in the orders anyway

I properly tested it with PayPal pro but I removed all my testing orders after my tests so that you won't have any trace.

Again, there have been plenty of live "tests" with PP Pro as PP v PP Pro purchases are roughly 50/50. NO PP Pro purchase has sent an email to ANYONE - purchaser or my client. Further, as mentioned in my previous post, I don't know which log you want or where it is.

The best solution to retrieve your PHP error log will be to directly ask it to your Hosting Company.

Further again, I asked for the notification URL that PayPal should reply to after a successful transaction. Their tech seemed to think that may be set incorrectly at their end.

The "PayPal" payment method use a notification URL but not the PayPal pro payment method, it only check if credit cards informations are valid and then create the order.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 8 months ago #245755

Both I and the client are so over this. After many wasted days we're still no closer and the only thing in the error.php file is this entry about 15 times on June 1st and nothing else:

[01-Jun-2016 18:33:05 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: pdo_mysql: Unable to initialize module
Module compiled with module API=20100525
PHP compiled with module API=20121212
These options need to match
in Unknown on line 0

Do we need the setting in PayPal for notifications on or off for PayPal Pro payments and does it make a difference which way it is?

7 years 8 months ago #245828

Hello,

After a lot of testing on your website, we figured out from where your issue was coming, can you test it again and tell me if that fixed your issue ?

Thank you.

7 years 8 months ago #245844

We have tested and it works thank you (can you please explain what was wrong - thanks!), but we are getting this error after adding to cart which wasn't there before:

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/digidawg/public_html/templates/digital_dawg_04_2015f/html/com_hikashop/checkout/step.php on line 21

Now we did have Development reporting on which we have now reset to Default and they went away. So just an FYI for you regarding this.

Thanks.

7 years 8 months ago #245885

Hello,

The problem was coming from these lines on the "Paypalpro.php" file, which was preventing the Paypal pro plugin from running the script which was sending emails :

$class = hikashop_get('class.cart');
$class->cleanCartFromSession();

Your notice error message is probably coming the customization of your "step" file of the "checkout" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views", but they won't affect the behavior of your checkout workflow.

7 years 8 months ago #245929

Thanks Mohamed. So that's a bit confusing. How is it that it stopped just Digital Guard Dawg clients and site owner getting emails, yet your tests went through and, I assume, everyone else using the plugin had no issues either? I don't think we changed the code so it must have been your code, which means everyone else was using it.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 8 months ago #245965

Hi,

That code is actually useful for other things.
And it only cause the problem in some cases. That's why it worked for most people.

We've actually wrote a better patch, adding a new parameter to that function call and added the patch as a hot fix on the install package available on our website for the 2.6.3. So if anyone else has the problem, downloading the install package on our website and installing it on your website will fix the problem.

7 years 8 months ago #246040

OK Nicolas, thank you. But I'm assuming you've already patched our install so nothing more for us to do?

7 years 8 months ago #246062

Hello,

No because the fix that I gave you will solve your issue, and when you'll update your Hikashop version you'll still have a patch so you probably won't have that issue anymore.

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

7 years 2 weeks ago #265020

This problem has started all over again. Not sure if I've recently done an upgrade or not, though I suspect this is probably what happened. So, again, no one doing CC purchases is getting emails and neither is my client.

Can you please give me instructions for fixing this going forward? Where is the PP Pro file, what lines need replacing with what? This problem causes me a LOT of extra work as I need to constantly check the site for orders and manually send to the client. I've spent hours on this issue so far that I can't bill to anyone.

7 years 1 week ago #265063

Hello,

Firstly, can you download the last Hikashop version through our website, install it and test it again ?

Thank you.

7 years 1 week ago #265122

I've installed 3.0.1 (note that this did not show up as an update in either Joomla or the HS component). I have nothing to check whether it's working or not right now - I will monitor it and report back.

7 years 1 week ago #265230

V3.0.1 did NOT fix this issue. I don't know what you did for me last time but I need this fixed again please. This is costing the client and I a lot of wasted time. We had 2 Credit Card orders today and emails were not sent for either.

I am PMing you the login credentials Mohammed in case you don't still have them lying round from last time. Thanks.

Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by trogladyte.

7 years 1 week ago #265271

Hello,

Can you try it with that PayPal pro payment plugin version ?

Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds