Custom fields on products added to cart

• Thank you received: 0
7 years 5 months ago #252825

Hi,

I have created severals products i saved them in different categories. At specific category I published some costum fields, and at other category diferent custom field.
The custom fields are displayed Ok on the products assigned, but when you add to cart products of different categories, every product displays on order form all the custom fields, including the custom fields that are assigned to the other product added to cart.

Is there any solution, to solve this and avoid that product displays the costum fields assigned to an other product and category when both prodcuts are added to cart.

P.D. I use a smartaddon module cart : SJ Mini Cart Pro

www.smartaddons.com/extensions/commercia...kashop-joomla-module

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
7 years 5 months ago #252901

Hi,

Can you enable the HikaShop cart module on your website and see if you still have the problem with that module ?
If you do, then it means that there might be an issue in the version of HikaShop you have. Update if you don't have the latest and save the settings of the custom fields. If you still have the problem, we would need a link to the pages you're talking about and some step by step process to reproduce the problem.
If you don't have the problem with the default cart, it's likely that the problem is in the code of the SJ mini cart Pro module and you'll have to check on that with them.

7 years 5 months ago #253272

Hi,

I did what you asked me and with hikashop cart happens the same thing, so it´s a bug. Give me your email to send you step by step guidance to checkou process and creditianls to access the site.

Thanks

7 years 5 months ago #253299

Hi,

You can use our contact form in order to send all that:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html
Please make sure you also provide a link to this thread for reference.

7 years 5 months ago #253379

Hi,

I don't see any problem on your website.
You've created custom order fields which only display when you purchase a product from a particular category.
When you go to the checkout and you have one of these products in the cart, the fields are displayed, otherwise, they aren't.
That's how it's supposed to be.
And if I have only product product, I don't see the custom fields of the other product. So it seems that what you're describing ('when you add to cart products of different categories, every product displays on order form all the custom fields, including the custom fields that are assigned to the other product added to cart') is not happening.

So maybe I didn't understand something in what you explained as I couldn't find any problem.
If you do have a problem, please provide screenshots of the settings and of the results so that we can have a clear understanding of the problem.

7 years 5 months ago #253505

Hi,

The problem is that could not give a good impression to clients, to see on "Aditional Información" tab the custom fields of all the products on the cart mixed and without any separation.

Also, if the client during the checkout process of the first product added to cart, change his mind and decides to add an other product to cart, once he fullfiled the aditional infomration of the first prodcut added to cart, when he add the second product the custom fields of the first product are also displayed creating a confusion as those custom fields are also part of this second prodcut. I don´t know if you are able to understand my concern?

In other words, is there any configuration of the custom fields possible in order to avoid when two products are added to cart that their individual custom fields being displayed togheter?

What I need in fact is to sell forms through hikashop: so in such way that the form of the product should be hided till consumer click the add to cart button?

Thanks and my apollogies if my english level makes things harder to undertand to you..

7 years 5 months ago #253543

Hi,

I understand what you mean but the problem is not that there is a bug, is that you're trying to use custom order fields for something they are meant to.
Why not create custom fields of the table "item" instead of custom fields of the table "order" ?
That way, they would appear on the product page and the customers would fill then in each product when adding the product ot the cart. And you wouldn't need anything during the checkout.

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds