Hikashop 3 cart notify popup

• Thank you received: 114
7 years 1 month ago #264670

-- HikaShop version -- : 1703091917

Hi,

We are using cart notify plugin and its pop up feature. It looks and feels very well. However there is some not user friendly issue.

As example. We have product with quantity of 1. User add product to cart. Pop up is displayed with proceed to checkout button. All fine here.

If user add it again it will show that product has been removed from cart due no stock with same proceed to checkout button. If you press on proceed to checkout you will get redirected to URL you have entered here "URL where you will be redirected when the cart is empty" with empty message. So user must go back again to same product and so on...

With 3.0.0 version pop up would just be closed on pressing proceed to checkout but now we have redirect....

I think the best would be change proceed to checkout button to "close" and keep user in same page or completely remove it as you did with wishlist.

I hope you understand the issue.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
7 years 1 month ago #264673

Hi,

I actually don't understand what you mean ? Why would the product be removed from the cart when you add it a second time to the cart ?
What does "no stock with same proceed to checkout button" means ?

7 years 1 month ago #264702

Hi,

Sorry i should write more clearly next time.

To reproduce the issue please:

1.Creat product with 1 item in stock
2. Use cart notify plugin and set it to use popup.
3. Add that product to the cart and you will get popup like my screenshot attached "popup1"
4. Add same product again and you will get again popup like in my second screenshot "popup2" (but this time Product is removed because you can't add more then you have in stock.) If you press proceed to checkout you will be redirected to the url you have specified in ""URL where you will be redirected when the cart is empty" settings.

So "proceed to checkout" button shouldn't be there because you have empty cart and product was removed.

I hope you understand what i mean.

You also can try to add this product as example: goo.gl/um0DS6

Thank you

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by kyratn.

7 years 1 month ago #264737

Thanks. That's much more clear.
I've added a patch which fixes the problem.
Please try again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kyratn

7 years 1 month ago #264739

Hi,

Yep it works great now.

Thank you

7 years 1 month ago #264769

Hi,

What is translation for vex button "OK" I cant seems to find how to translate it. Tried HIKA_OK and OK. None worked.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 75
7 years 1 month ago #264777

Hi,

the Cancel and OK button of a general vex-dialog box is created entirely through Javascript, and unfortunately you can't change the text through a simple language override. It is possible to change it directly in the Javascript file, though your change will be undone when you update Hikashop.
You can find it in the file \media\com_hikashop\js\vex.min.js, just search for "OK". Hope that helps.

7 years 1 month ago #264778

Hi,

Thanks for pointing file location GW. I was looking inside plugin and couldn't find it.

That's a shame that it can't be translated. Maybe "ok" is fine with English but not in my native language.
I hope it will be fixed later by Hikashop team.

Many thanks

7 years 1 month ago #264771

Hi,

There is no translation for it as that's the default OK button of the Vex popup library.
Try adding the code:

else{
			$extra_data[] = '
window.cartNotifyParams.cart_params = {buttons:[
	{text:"'.JText::_('HIKA_OK', true).'",type:"submit",className:"vex-dialog-button-primary",click:function continueClick(){}}
]};';
		}
after the code:
if($link_to_checkout) {
			$extra_data[] = '
window.cartNotifyParams.cart_params = {buttons:[
	{text:"'.JText::_('PROCEED_TO_CHECKOUT', true).'",type:"button",className:"vex-dialog-button-primary",click:function proceedClick(){window.location="'.$url_checkout.'";}},
	{text:"'.JText::_('CONTINUE_SHOPPING', true).'",type:"submit",className:"vex-dialog-button-primary",click:function continueClick(){}}
]};';
		}
in the file plugins/hikashop/cartnotify/cartnotify.php and that should use the HIKA_OK translation instead of the default Vex OK button.

7 years 1 month ago #264861

Hi,

Unfortunately it didnt work. As for now i have renamed "OK" in js file and saved it so i could restore after update.

Thanks

7 years 1 month ago #264913

Hi,

There is another issue with vex pop up now.

When you add one of the variants in cart you can't add another variant of the same product it shows in pop up that there is no stock and product not added to cart...

This needs another fix.

Thank you

7 years 1 month ago #264864

Hi,

Ok. I've found the solution by adding the code:
vex.dialog.buttons.YES.text = "'.JText::_('HIKA_OK', true).'";
after the line:
vex.defaultOptions.className = "vex-theme-default";
in the same file.

7 years 1 month ago #264930

Hi,

Great but have you looked into issue that you cant add more then 1 variant of the same product? As per my previous message...

Thank you

7 years 1 month ago #264945

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce. Please open a new thread with a link to a page with the issue, screenshot of the product settings and the variants settings and the procedure to reproduce the problem.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 9 months ago #294738

Hi,
I have enabled the "Hikashop 3 Cart Notify Popup" however it appears for a very short time. So short that a user cannot click on any of the options.
I have increased the "Auto Hide Delay" to a very high value (9000000000) however this does not affect the time that the popup displays.
Any advice welcome!
Screenshot of settings is attached.
Regards,
Adrian

Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #294745

Hi,

Maybe the value is too big. Please try to increase it to a smaller value. Like 99999. That's already a lot of seconds :)
If that still doesn't help, then please make sure that you've cleared all the caching on your website.

5 years 9 months ago #294789

Hi Nicolas,
I changed the value to 99999 as suggested, then cleared the Joomla cache as well as browser cache, tried other browsers but still the popup disappears very quickly.

5 years 9 months ago #294807

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the page so that we can have a look ?

5 years 9 months ago #294843

Hi Nicolas
The site where we have the quick popup happening is : arhsvic.org.au/
Thanks,
Adrian

5 years 9 months ago #294860

Hi,

You're using the legacy add to cart system, not the new add to cart system.
In that case, the cart notify plugin is not being used as it can only work with the new add to cart system.
With the legacy add to cart, you have an option under the "advanced" tab of the HikaShop configuration to configure the delay of the popup. At the same place, you can also find the "add to cart legacy" setting that you can deactivate in order to switch to the new add to cart system. Note however, that your cart module (which isn't the default cart module of HikaShop) might not be compatible with it.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds