Different form fields for guest and user in checkout

• Thank you received: 3
6 years 11 months ago #267889

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.24

I want to use the switcher in the configuration for the checkout so people have the choice to checkout as a guest or create an account during registration. The problem is if they checkout as guest I need their address fields, email, and DOB to be required. If they checkout as a user and want to register an account I need username, password, address fields, email, DOB, and a couple other fields to be required. Currently when I enable the switcher the same amount of fields are required in the guest checkout as the registration. How can I have it where I only have certain fields in the guest checkout? Does this require a custom plugin or something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 11 months ago #267897

Hi,

The guest checkout will revmoe the username and password fields.
There is no setting to have different custom address fields between the registration and the guest checkout.
What you could do is to disable the custom address fields and instead use custom order fields.
With them, you can restrict them by user group thanks to the "access level" setting. That way, you can set the fields you don't want for guests as only for the "registered" user group.

6 years 11 months ago #267929

Don't I need the address fields enabled for calculating shipping rates in the checkout and also for if a registered user wants to manage their addresses?

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 11 months ago #267930

Hello,

It depends the shipping methods you're using ; but yes, that's best to have the basis address fields (name, street, postcode, state, country) in order to get precise quote from dynamic shipping methods (ups, usps, fedex, canadapost) and some payment plugin might need to have these details too.

Afterwards, a guest account or a regular account would have access to the address edition within the checkout.
For sure a regular account will have the possibility to login later and access to the user control panel, see his order history, manage his addresses, etc.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 11 months ago #268147

If I create a new view say named 'guestform' under the com_users/registration directory can I use hikashop_getLayout to display the view? I see in the checkout/login view the code hikashop_getLayout('user','registration',$params,$js), but doesn't that display the default view in the com_users/registration directory?

6 years 11 months ago #268149

Hi,

You could yes, but that won't help. Even if you don't display the fields, the registration/guest checkout systems will check the fields if they are required and if they are missing, it won't accept it.
So you would also have to modify the code in administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/user.php and/or administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php
But it won't be easy.

5 years 11 months ago #291639

The fields I really need displayed on registration but not on guest are custom user fields not address fields. Can I not set these fields to work like the username and password fields do?

• Thank you received: 609
5 years 11 months ago #291657

Hello,

Sorry but we don't understand what you mean by "work like the username and password fields do?".
Can you precise your idea ?
Awaiting news from you.

Regards

Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Philip.

5 years 11 months ago #291705

I have specific custom user fields that need to be included in the checkout registration form but not included in the guest checkout form behaving exactly like the username and password fields.

5 years 11 months ago #291729

Hello,

Ok so you mean to don't display in the guest checkout form, I think that you can use some css command with display: none; in the guest checkout.

Something like this :

.guest_class_form .custom_field_class {
    display: none;
}

See this tutorial to see how to proceed to add custom css

Now, if your custom field are required that will leads to something more advance like an override view to prevent this field to "really" don't displayed in the view, as Nicolas told in his previous message.

See this tutorial to learn more about HikaShop override view.

The last solution if the custom is too advance for you, you can contact one of our partner .
Hope that you will achieved what you need.

Regards

5 years 11 months ago #291789

I know how to do CSS for the fields. How do I handle that the fields are required in the registration checkout form and I don't want them to be in the guest checkout form?

5 years 11 months ago #291818

Hello,

By an override view of checkout / show_block_login view that will required some html & php knowledge.
For the theory, you have to add an algorithm in order to prevent displaying unwanted custom fields when you are in guest html part.

See this documentation to learn more about HikaShop override system.

Regards

5 years 11 months ago #291983

Which view or file writes the javascript function displayRegistration()? I've looked everywhere I can think of and I can't find it. Thanks

• Thank you received: 114
5 years 11 months ago #291986

Hi,

I suggest you to check jquery validator plugin. You then could create custom fields you need and show/hide them based on checked form.... you can set required whenever you need and also custom error messages under every input. It looks much better insteed those annoying joomla messages under checkout.

I have added same thing what you are looking for using that plugin and it looks and works much better....

Thanks

5 years 10 months ago #292022

The displayRegistration function is located in the file "show_block_login" that you can edit via the menu Display>Views:
monosnap.com/file/X4x5kcPcfv0ssFLZvazVx0HrSLVmCI

5 years 10 months ago #292051

i don't have a "show_block_login" view

5 years 10 months ago #292075

Hi,

Ah, I had missed the fact that you were on HikaShop 2.6.1.
In that case, it's the file components/com_hikashop/views/checkout/view.html.php where you'll find that.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds