• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #273627

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.01
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

We had Ecommerce analytics working fine and have years of data collected until April when we upgraded to 3.x and began using the single page check out.

Now we don't have any transactions attributed.

Our primary Google UA code is injected via sh404sef...I tried using the template and manually. Nothing has changed except the checkout layout.

I have played with various settings including turning on/off the Enhanced Link Attribution, Display Features, direct call, single submit, etc. I'm not sure what to look for to troubleshoot this further.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 months ago #273799

Hello,

I don't think that the checkout workflow is related to your issue ; even if it uses ajax the main page is still displayed so you can still have a G.A. record.
Afterwards, I don't know if you have updated your configuration to inject the G.A. code into the new checkout page.

When you're talking about "transaction", you mean the record of the order creation/confirmation.
That part requires the HikaShop Google Analytics plugins in order to work because with the evolution of payment methods in the past years, more and more confirm the orders via a server-to-server call (which is more secure and far better).
But because there is no javascript processed, the plugin have to record via a server-to-server call.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #273807

So since hikashop 2.x and for the last 3 years we have been collecting Ecommerce statistics on GA just fine. Only since 4/22 of this year has it stopped...the day we migrated to Hikashop 3.x.

All plugins are still enabled and in their original location.

So now Google doesn't show any conversions...no sales, nothing on Hikashop pages...except the the GA code that is injected by the template/sh404sef itself...but nothing from Hikashop.

Again, how do we go about finding out why this is happening? We are losing valuable metrics.

Edit: just to be clear, in our situation all that we did was upgrade hikashop and then change the checkout to a single page. From google's side, they are reporting that no ecommerce data is "flowing" and the date that our ecommerce sales, conversions, etc. stopped being reported was the date we upgraded.

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by stratacorps.

6 years 9 months ago #273810

Hello,

I don't think that the checkout workflow is related to your issue ; even if it uses ajax the main page is still displayed so you can still have a G.A. record.
Afterwards, I don't know if you have updated your configuration to inject the G.A. code into the new checkout page.

You moved from the legacy checkout to the new checkout system.
Your SH404SEF analytics code is still display in the checkout page ; you can check it easily in the source code.

Afterwards please understand that provide any information related to your plugin configuration or else.
Without any detail I'm afraid that we can't know what is going on and we can't provide any useful answer.

So please read my message very carefully and provide us details to understand what is happening and what is the issue.
We already understood that it's not working ; but it is not an issue description.
First ; you have to help us, to help you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #273918

I'm actually at a loss for words. This should not be too difficult if it had worked for us in the past. What exactly have you provided me with that I'm not following here?

1. The plug-in has been and still is enabled (as noted in my original post)
2. I have tried various options since discovering that we were not collecting analytic data (as noted in my original post)

I have played with various settings including turning on/off the Enhanced Link Attribution, Display Features, direct call, single submit, etc. I'm not sure what to look for to troubleshoot this further.

3. What are you referring to here?

I don't know if you have updated your configuration to inject the G.A. code into the new checkout page.

The only documentation provided https://www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/98-integration-with-google-analytics.html does not mention anything about updating [my] configuration to inject the G.A. code as per your comment. I am using the default views provided with the 3.1.x installation. No customizations. What changes should I be making and where?

So to recap:

* I have the plug-in enabled (as it has been).
* I have tried all of the options except debug mode (this doesn't appear to do anything). But for now I have Single submission, Debug, Always use direct call, Enhanced Link Attribution, Enabling Display Features set back to the default, No.
* I have not made any changes to the default views (as I don't even know where to begin as I have not found any documentation reference to indicate where and what)

I am not sure how to transcribe, translate or otherwise codify that I do not know how to troubleshoot something that had worked and is no longer working. I have read your comments very carefully and have yet to be able to extract any intelligible or useful information to help me further--except that maybe there is something missing in my default checkout views that I am supposed to have done since upgrading to 3.x and haven't?

What else do you need from me exactly?

6 years 9 months ago #273937

Hello,

We need :
1 - Screenshot of your HikaShop analytics plugin configuration.
2 - Screenshot of your HikaShop order statuses configuration.
3 - A description of your workflow, such as :
3.1 - Which payment plugin is used.
3.2 - How the orders are confirmed.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #273956

The only primary (public) payment method is Authorize.net but as noted in the attachment we have others but they are not available to guest checkout, orders are confirmed when paid.

Other than switching to the Ajax checkout, single page, all methodologies and configuration are the same as before the upgrade.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by stratacorps.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 9 months ago #273977

Hi,

How is your authorize.net payment plugin configured ? With SIM or AIM ? Because based on that the orders are confirmed in a totally different way which could greatly affect the results for GA, so it's an important information here to understand what's going on.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #273986

AIM

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #274227

Just an FYI I have installed the Google Tag Assistant on my Chrome browser. It can record any activity with Analytics (or Tags as its name implies). Although I'm not sure how to read it thoroughly, when recording a transaction on the shopping cart, nothing appears to be generated to Google except for what the GA sh404sef plugin is doing for each page. We also are still receiving notifications from our GA console "View XYZ.com is configured for Ecommerce, but no data is flowing."

6 years 8 months ago #274590

Hello,

I would suggest you to activate the "always use direct call" and also to set the "debug mode".
Thank to the debug, the plugin will record all his actions in the HikaShop payment log :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...nfig.html#main_files

So you can know when the direct call will be made by the plugin.
The debug mode also work when you're not using the "direct call" and will indicate when it display the JS in the pages (or when a page cannot display the JS and the plugin has to "postpone" it).
But at least you will know when the plugin is trigger and what it is trying to do.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #274591

Thank you, will do.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #274886

We have analytics! So will the direct call keep track of referring sites/links for the conversions? I am getting the sale recorded correctly now in GA which is great...I just didn't see any referral data for those sales like we used to, wasn't sure if this was related to the type of call we're making.

Thanks

6 years 8 months ago #274905

Hello,

Good to know that your orders are now recorded.
About the referral data, I think it's due to the ClientId and I made a patch some weeks ago which will be integrated into the next HikaShop release ; that patch should improve the support of the ClientId in "Direct Call" mode.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds