Too much quantity selected for product

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 6 months ago #279722

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.1 Business
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.23

Setup a shop were the "Course" products require information for a student. I then limited each product to a "Quantity per order" to 1. I did this so they would be forced to give information for each student. This however means they need a separate order for each student.

The owner requires information for each student and that was the only way I could see to make sure he got it. If I remove the "quantity per order" limit then a user could order 10 classes but not provide information for all of the students.

Is there a better way to do it so someone could add more students per order for the same course?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by blbeta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 6 months ago #279755

Hello,

The solution can eventually be to use custom fields from the "Item" table, which will enable for example your cutomers to add the number of students, but also the list of their name / information through a text area.

• Thank you received: 7
5 years 3 months ago #302823

i have a similar problem. i use some extension that send my course to hikashop as a product. is it possible disable quantity field in hikashop?
i want each my user can buy only 1 time each product. (because some users maybe make a mistake and buy 2 time of one course and it is not mean)
i set quantity per order to 0 / 1 . but some time my user follow steps to half of full pah of buy a product and then error to him "Too much quantity selected for product"
notre: i disable show any cart or buy basket. i want simply buy a product without any basket and qauntity

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 3 months ago #302826

Hi,

We recent versions of HikaShop there are many options.
During the checkout, if you don't want the customer to be able to change the quantities in the cart, you can turn on the "read only" setting of the cart view under the checkout tab of the Hikashop configuration.
If you don't want to display the quantity input on the product page and the products listings, you can turn off the "Quantity input method" setting under the Display tab of the HikaShop configuration. You have a similar option in each product which overrides the option of the configuration.

5 years 3 months ago #302906

nicolas wrote: Hi,
During the checkout, if you don't want the customer to be able to change the quantities in the cart, you can turn on the "read only" setting of the cart view under the checkout tab of the Hikashop configuration.

Are you sure? i can not see "read only" setting

is there anyway when user click on the product (course in my case) , he get the error that you need to continue previous check out then he redirect to cart?

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by sadaf3d.

5 years 3 months ago #302918

Hi,

Looking at your screenshot, it seems that you're using the old checkout of HikaShop. Turn off the "checkout legacy" setting of the HikaShop configuration, save the configuration, and you'll see what I was talking about.

I also don't see what you mean by "is there anyway when user click on the product (course in my case) , he get the error that you need to continue previous check out then he redirect to cart". Could you illustrate your needs with some screenshots ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: sadaf3d

5 years 3 months ago #302982

your advise about disable legacy and enable read only, resolve my problem .thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

5 years 2 months ago #303843

nicolas wrote: I also don't see what you mean by "is there anyway when user click on the product (course in my case) , he get the error that you need to continue previous check out then he redirect to cart". Could you illustrate your needs with some screenshots ?

thank you Nikolas and it seems i have that problem again.please hear my problem and give me a solution:
i have some product that they don't need to buy more than one time.means when you want a video you not need to buy 2 time. also i want remove basket or cart system. means i want implement simple buying workflow without basket or cart, simply i want my user can click on product and paying that. for prevent buy more than one time for each product, i limited product set quantity per order 0/1 as you say.
i have an other problem. some of my user inter in the workflow and continue to half of way, then go out of my site or want to start again from begin of workflow for any reason. but when they want start again they get "too much quantity" error. this is not hikashop bug, i need to better UX for this method of selling. are you any suggest or advise?
i want do something for this problem: if user left workflow of his buying in the midway, and come back to buy, he don't get too mush quantity and can simply buy that product.

5 years 2 months ago #303846

Hi,

If you access the checkout after leaving it through a menu item of the type "HikaShop checkout", or the cart module's "proceed to checkout" button, you won't get that error. You'll only get it if you click on the "add to cart" button a second time after you already added the product to the cart.
What you can do is turn off the "add to cart legacy" setting if that's not already done. Then, you can configure the "HikaShop cart notification" plugin via the Joomla plugins manager to configure how Hikashop will display the add to cart success message or error message and redirect to the checkout or not after the add to cart.
What you could do is set it up to display a centered popup notification without the redirect to the checkout.
That way, the customer would get button to access the checkout on the popup, whether it's a success or not.

Another thing you could do is use a translation override to empty that error message:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
That way, the error would not be displayed.

5 years 2 months ago #303898

i do some work and my hikashop not correctly work. when i click on product for sell it is redirect and say your cart is empty
for example when i click
https://*********.com/component/hikashop/product/cid-49
it is automatically redirect to :
https://**********.com/component/hikashop/product/listing
what can i do? is there any way to reset hikashop setting?

5 years 2 months ago #303906

this problem occur after i upgraded to 4,0,2 and when i downgrade to 4.0.1 and problem resolved....my problem was that show the cart is empty...
thank you and if you can get me other solution for too much quantity.
my problem is not showing message for too much quantity . i want disable cart system and have a simple checkout workflow.only click on product and buy that. is it possible to disable add to cart system? i disable "Add to cart legacy" but when i do that ,user can not buy the product and the button do nothing when click on that and have not linked to any other page. please help me. thank you

5 years 2 months ago #303900

Hi,

That link is not really valid.
First, component/hikashop should only appear if you don't have a menu item. However, HikaShop always generate product page links with a menu item. So you shouldn't have such links generated by HikaShop. So I don't know how you get these links but there is a problem with that.
Second, instead of cid-49 it should actually be 49-alias where alias would be replaced by the alias of the product.

Now, I recall that such link used to be valid before, and were links that HikaShop could potentially output in really old versions of HikaShop. We actually added a patch recently to allow these old URLs to work. So what you can do is download the install package on our website and install it on yours again to get the patch. However, that doesn't change the fact that these links should be updated.

Also, in the future, please open a new thread for unrelated questions. Otherwise, for people reading this thread in the future, it's a complete mess with different issues one after another.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds