Hikashop cancelled order, paypal transaction still went through

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #281194

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1

We had a recent order for $31.64 that used a coupon (we use AWOCoupon to handle coupons) and paid through Paypal.

The amount charged to paypal should have been $1.64. However, here is what happened:

The customer was charged the full amount ($31.64) via paypal. The transaction went through.

We also received the following message from HiksShop:
"A Paypal notification was refused because the amount received (31.64USD) is different from the order amount (1.64USD)"

And the order was automatically marked 'canceled' in HikaShop.

If the customer didn't contact us asking for a refund of the $30, we may not have even processed the order.

Needless to say, this is a problem. Any idea why this would occur?

Thank you,
Dustin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 5 months ago #281196

Hi,

It is normal that HikaShop cancels the order when the amount paid is different than the amount of the order.
This usually happens when the user tried to tamper with the amount, trying to pay less than the total so it's a safeguard to avoid you shipping something for an order not paid with the correct amount.

Now the fact that the amount sent to PayPal doesn't correspond to the total amount:
First, that can only happen if you have the "send order details" setting of the PayPal payment method activated.
If you deactivate it, the PayPal payment plugin will always send the full amount of the order and only that.
If you activate it, the PayPal payment plugin will send all the different amounts of the order and PayPal will recalculate itself the full amount.
So I suppose that there is a problem with the way AWOCoupon adds the coupon to the order which leads to that.
Are you able to reproduce the issue yourself ?
If so, if you create a similar coupon in HikaShop and deactivate AWOCoupon temporarily, do you have the same problem ?
If no, I would recommend contacting the AWOCoupon support.
And make sure that you have it updated. It might actually be something already fixed in AWO.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 5 months ago #281877

I believe the PayPal payment method setting you mentioned did the trick. We had an order come through recently that was very similar to the one that had the problem and there were no issues this time. I'll let you know if anything else pops up.

Thank you for your help.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds