proceed to checkout button not working after hikashop update

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 2 months ago #287611

Hello,

With the product folder there or not there is no popup / notification. I have a swirl over the mini cart now but it still takes me straight to the checkout and also the proceed to checkout button still doesn't work from the mini cart.

Iain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13061
6 years 2 months ago #287633

Hi,

I still see the old add to cart buttons:
- make sure that the "add to cart legacy" setting is deactivated
- rename the templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/ folder
- clear the cache of your website
That should display the new add to cart buttons.
And for some reason the file media/com_hikashop/js/vex.min.js is missing on your page.
Please deactivate the cache/compression/optimization of javascript/CSS that your template has.
All that should make the notification work fine and the system won't redirect to the checkout in that case.

And regarding the cart module, it is not the cart module of HikaShop. It must come from the template too I guess.
It seems to do some strange AJAX request when clicking on the proceed to checkout instead of running the proceed to checkout.

I would recommend checking all that with your template provider. Please understand that all this works fine by default. If your template has customization which breaks some of the functionalities, it's up to the template provider to fix them.

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 2 months ago #287699

Hello

Okay, I give up. Whatever!

I have just moved the Hikashop Cart Module to the TopNav position from the cart position. This way I can turn the perfectly working Legacy Add to Cart on (YEAH working notification). It actually works! The Proceed to Checkout works. I have no idea how to get the new Notification plugin to work but I don't care because the old legacy version works.

You mention things that are missing like the vex.min.js but with no link or help to get it! Why not provide the link to these things. It would then mean I could implement it rather than have to send another message. I totally understand that you can only help with parts of Hikashop and not other peoples work however having the HIKASHOP Cart Module in position Cart or TopNav makes no difference to the look of the module, to working of the module and as best I can tell no effect on the notification plugin!!

I love using Hikashop and have been using it for years however this has really pushed me to the edge all for the sake of a popup saying you have added a product to your cart.

Yours
Iain

• Thank you received: 13061
6 years 2 months ago #287741

Hi,

The vew.min.js file is added automatically to the head of the page by the cart notification plugin through Joomla's API. If it doesn't appear on the page even though the cart notification plugin is activated, then it means that something is removing it from the head or ignoring it in the template. That normally should not happen and it's likely caused by the template javascript files caching system your template is using, which is why I asked you to deactivate it in my previous message in order to deactivate it and fix the problem.
Unfortunately, I cannot provide a link to a documentation on that as I don't know how your template works and can only guess.
That's also why I told you to check with your template provider.
I'm sorry but I can't do more here.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds