0 - Call to a member function get() on null

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #284937

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : google chrome
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 0 - Call to a member function get() on null

Hi,

When I tried to create an order from my website, normally it should take me to paypal, but now this message shows up "0 - Call to a member function get() on null".

What should I do? Please suggest.

I tried to look in similar topics in your forum, but still I don't know what to do.

Thank you so much
Shuiijn

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
6 years 3 months ago #284939

Hi,

Firs tthing to do when you get a blank page/error on a Joomla website is to activate the "debug mode" and "error reporting" settings of the Joomla configuration.
That will add more information on the page where you have the blank page/error.
The additional information will be crutial to understand where the problem is coming from.
An error "Call to a member function get() on null" means that some code somewhere is trying to call a function "get" of a variable that doesn't contain an object with a function get.
There are hundreds if not thousands of "get" functions on a Joomla websites and 10 times more calls to these functions from everywhere. So that error could come from almost anywhere on your website.
The additional information you'll get with the debug mode and error reporting will allow to narrow down where the problem is coming from.
Also, please note that we released HikaShop 3.2.2 two days ago. You could first try to download it on our website and install it on your website to get the update. It contains many fixes and it might help.
And finally, I see that you're using the old checkout of HikaShop. You might want to turn off the "checkout legacy" setting of the HikaShop configuration. That alone might fix the issue.

6 years 3 months ago #284954

Hi,

I tried updated hikashop to the latest version, but after I installed the file, this following messages showed up:

Warning
JFolder::create: Could not create folder.Path: /home/kvrayntqp5bqe
Warning: Failed to move file: /tmp/phpSiPNEs to /home/kvrayntqp5bqe/public_html/tmp/com_hikashop_essential_v3.2.2_2017-12-23_04-38-07.tar.gz
Error
Unable to read archive
Unable to find install package

and after the debug mode is motivated, this message showed up on the online shop page:
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; plgHikashopRates has a deprecated constructor in /home/vrayntqp5bqe/public_html/plugins/hikashop/rates/rates.php on line 11

and this message showed up on the check out (on the 0 - Call to a member function get() on null page):

Call stack
# Function Location
1 hikashopOrderClass->loadOrderNotification() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/order.php:393
2 hikashopOrderClass->save() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout_legacy.php:1736
3 checkoutLegacyController->after_confirm() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout_legacy.php:383
4 checkoutLegacyController->step() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/controllers/checkout.php:74
5 checkoutController->step() JROOT/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php:709
6 JControllerLegacy->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:1837
7 hikashopController->execute() JROOT/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php:79
8 require_once() JROOT/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:394
9 JComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:369
10 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/cms/application/site.php:191
11 JApplicationSite->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/cms/application/site.php:230
12 JApplicationSite->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:265
13 JApplicationCms->execute() JROOT/index.php:62

Please help and thank you for your support :)

6 years 3 months ago #284962

Hi,

1. That error indicates that you have a permission issue on your website folders. Especially the tmp folder.
stackoverflow.com/questions/3057896/joom...d-to-move-file-error

2. You can ignore the deprecated message. It's a message for developers and doesn't have any consequence for you.

3. From what I can understand of the error message, this would indicate that the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/mail.php has been deleted from your website. That's the main file handling the sending of emails in HikaShop and so that explains why it only happens at the end of the checkout, when HikaShop try to send email notifications after the order is created.
Restore the file and it should work again.
You can also simply download the install package on our website and install it on your website and it should add back that file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mizuwate

6 years 1 day ago #290344

Hello,
I have the same problem when I buy a product, or when I insert a new product.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 hours ago #290345

Hello,

Please follow the instruction in the first reply of that thread and provide the details to understand the situation.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 8 hours ago #290382

Hi,

I got your access but I'm not able to access your website:
monosnap.com/file/e0QRhXHuBKbK1B5nH5srRsaLnAP6NK
Also, we don't need your access.
What we need is that you follow my explanations:

First thing to do when you get a blank page/error on a Joomla website is to activate the "debug mode" and "error reporting" settings of the Joomla configuration.
That will add more information on the page where you have the blank page/error.
The additional information will be crutial to understand where the problem is coming from.

The following user(s) said Thank You: StNub

6 years 5 hours ago #290396

The hosting was down, now you could check the website and the probably bug of your component.
Regards,
Vito

6 years 3 hours ago #290409

i updated hikashop business to 3.4.0 version, and now I found a new issue as you can see in the screenshot.

Attachments:

5 years 11 months ago #290400

Hi,

With the debug mode activated you can see that error message:
monosnap.com/file/9SY0wUjokg42r4EopaEC9zRsjl63Ak
And this indicates that the issue comes from the easysocial plugin which isn't a plugin we developed. So no, the problem is not a bug in our component.
Please contact the developer of that plugin so that they can help you.

Last edit: 6 years 5 hours ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds