Message on Payment Page if Declined Credit Card from Authorize.net?

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
6 years 2 months ago #285633

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.32

Hikashop,

We've had a customer's credit card declined on our live shop, but no message appeared on the page or in a popup. My own tests confirm this.

The checkout Payment page reloads with the item(s) still in the cart but no message or popup informing of the Decline.

An order is not created, and no notification emails are sent, and I think that is the correct action; we would prefer to remain this way, with only a message appearing at the top of the payment page. Is that a feature and am I missing a setting or a View modification?

We're using AIM on Authorize.net plugin. I built this Shop in 2015 and have done continuous upgrades since, but can't remember if we ever had a message or popup on declined transactions.

I've attached some screenshots of related settings: payment method, emails, order statuses, and legacy settings (we're running legacy at the moment). We using Vex popup mode.

Any insight or direction to assist my oversight will be welcomed!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
6 years 2 months ago #285639

Hi,

The first thing to test is to deactivate the "checkout legacy" setting of the HikaShop configuration and see if that helps.
Also, it's possible that the issue comes from your template not displaying the error messages:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tibility-issues.html
So try with the default template of Joomla and see if you get the error message with it. If so, then there is something to change in the template (and deactivating the checkout legacy setting should help in that case as it will circumvent the problem).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds