Payment discount

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 2 months ago #286689

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.8

Hello, in the payment method "banktransfer" the payment discount is applied to the total amount. This is an error because We can't make discounts for the postal service. It must be applied only to the products total. How can we change that? Regards, Leo

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 months ago #286692

Hi,

It's not an error. It's done on purpose. The goal of the payment method fee is to add fees to the whole order, for example to conpensate the fees of your payment gateway, or your bank for that payment method. The fees of the payment gateway or the bank are on the total of the transaction, including the shipping. So it's normal that the payment method fees of HikaShop are on that total.
Now if you want to change that for your case it's not impossible but would require either the development of a custom plugin or some hacking in the core files of HikaShop.

6 years 2 months ago #286805

Thanks Nicolas! And how I can do this change? I need to make a discount only for the products not in delivery. Regards, Leo.

6 years 2 months ago #286809

Hi,

Then why not create a coupon via the menu Orders>Coupoons ?
They are made for this. And with their "auto load in cart if possible" the coupon can apply automatically to the total of the products.

6 years 2 months ago #286883

Hi Nicolas, that was the first thing that I did. The issue is that the discount must be applied only for "Bank Transfer" payment method. This method have not cost of transaction. It is possible? Regards, Leo.

6 years 2 months ago #286886

Hi,

Then I would recommend using the price/percentage settings of the payment methods, like you are doing.
But then my question is this:
If you say that you want to give a discount corresponding to the savings you're making on the transaction fees, I don't understand why you don't want the percentage to also include the shipping fees ? Do you mean that your payment gateway calculates its fees only on the total of the products and not on the grand total of the order ? I've never seen or heard anything like that.

6 years 2 months ago #286959

Hi, the cost of delivery is a fixed price that the customer pay. This one have the origin in the price list of the delivery providers. We could apply a less discount on the global price, but the problem is that we have severals prices of delivery regarding the distance.
The discount associated to the payment method is because we have not costs in bank transfer method, but we have 6% in credit card payments.

6 years 2 months ago #286968

Hi,

Thanks for the details.
However, I don't see a solution which doesn't involve coding.
If you need someone to work on that for you, you can contact our partners:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html

• Hikashop Business
6 years 3 days ago #291646

Hi,

This is a problem to me too.
In my case, if the client choose one specific payment method have a discount (negative percentage). But i don't want that affects the shipping cost. And i can't find a solution at this moment.
I suggest that in future versions you have this in count.

6 years 2 days ago #291680

Hi,

Why not use an auto loaded coupon then ? You can have it with a percentage and the percentage amount is only calculated off of the products.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 2 days ago #291684

Hi Nicolas,

I don't understand how can i do this, because the discount only applies if the client choose a certain payment method. Maybe you can explain me how can i setting a coupon to auto load if the client choose a specific payment method.
Thanks for you help.

Best regards

6 years 1 day ago #291693

Hi,

There is no such mechanism, but that would be possible with the development of a small plugin implementing the coupon API. Or you could use the negative percentage of the payment methods, with the development of a small plugin implementing the payment API to recalculate the value the way you want.
Here is a link to our developer documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds